Supervisor – Coxswain Job, Other Professions,
Department: Customs & Border Control
Division: Border Control & Enforcement
Section / Unit: Marine Operations
Location / Work Station: Muhuru Bay & Usenge
This role holder takes overall charge of the boat and crew during enforcement operations.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Carrying out boat drills as per approved policies and procedures.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Responsible for steering and maneuvering the boat during border control enforcement surveillance patrols and raids.
- Facilitate safety of the boat and crew on and off the water
- Carry out ship husbandry as per stipulated policy and procedures.
- Prepare incident reports to facilitate appropriate intervention.
- Keep required records and documents as per expected standards.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports for management decision making.
- Keep attendance register and watch bill for crew members.
- Compile equipment and defects record for the boat to inform required action on financial provisions for repairs
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Patrol Boat
- Dinghy for shallow water patrols
- Outboard engines
- Radio calls for communication
Decision Making / Job Influence
Job entails but not limited to strategic, managerial and operational decisions
- The work environment encompasses both office(indoor) and field (sea) duties
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) /O-Level Certificate
- Maritime training (Marine Nautical Studies/Marine Engineering/Seamanship), First Aid; Damage Control; Coxswain certification/STCW95
- Diploma in nautical knowledge
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in similar role
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- People management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Tax enforcement and Legislation
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 5.00 pm on 23rd July 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
How to Apply
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘ Register ’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘ Log in ’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘ Applicant Cockpit ’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘ Applicant Cockpit ’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘ My Profile ’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “ Overview and Release ”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘ Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘ Applicant Cockpit ’ page.
- Under the heading ‘ Job Search ’ click the ‘ Start ’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘ Apply ’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘ Send Application Now ’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘ Data Privacy Statement ’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to [email protected]