Manager Jobs, Finance & Accounts Jobs, KFC Jobs
( JOB GRADE KFC 3) – JOB REF NO: KFC/HRA/MFA/2019-1 POST (RE-ADVERTISEMENT)
Reporting to the Director Corporate Services, the officer will be responsible for sourcing and efficient, effective and sustainable utilization of KFC financial resources.
- Consolidating and revising budget as per guidelines issued by the National Treasury and the Parent Ministry;
- Checking andapproving expenditure and payments and sign bank instructions/cheques;
- Presenting financial reports to the Board of Directors and advice on financial implications and consequences of management/business decisions;
- Developing and reviewing financial policies and procedures to enhance internal controls;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and procedures in management of financial resources;
- Reviewing and ensuring timely submission of annual report and financial statements;
- Ensuring the Commission’s liquidity position is appropriate and liaise with the Parent Ministry and Treasury for release of allocated funds;
- Reviewing of audit queries and implementing corrective actions;
- Developing and implementing effective processes in the finance department to ensure seamless flow of service delivery. Such processes include but not limited to budgetary process, analysis and reporting;
- Developing short term, medium and long term revenue and expenditure framework;
- Ensuring compliance with various requirements of government agencies and statutory institutions as set out in various circulars and legislations;
- Planning and determining cash flow needs, forecast and establish cash flow trends of the Commission;
- Preparing the annual budget execution reports, quarterly financial statements for programme and operational budgets;
- Preparing Board and management financial reports;
- Liaising with the parent Ministry for GOK’s Grants and development partners’ funding;
- Ensuring the provision of adequate financial resources for the Commission’s programme and activities; and
- Managing finance and accounting department staff performance, development, training and mentorship.
- Have at least ten (10) years relevant work experience, five (5) of which must be at senior management position;
- Have Masters degree in either Finance or accounting option;
- Have Bachelors degree in either finance or accounting option;
- Have Certified Public Accountant (CPA) final certificate;
- Be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
- Have a certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution.
In addition to the qualifications set above, shortlisted candidates will be required to provide copies of clearance certificates/letters of good standing from the following;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP).
- Chief Executive Officer, Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Credit Bureau Reference.
Terms Of Service
An attractive remunerative package, commensurate to qualifications, experience and responsibilities and in line with government guidelines will be offered to the successful applicant. The appointment is on a Three (3) year contract renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
How To Apply
Please submit your application to a sealed recruitment box at the reception of the Kenya Film Commission, 2nd Floor, Jumuia Place, Lenana Road, Kilimani, Nairobi and send a soft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org so as to be received no later than 16th September 2019 at 5.00pm. Those who had applied earlier need not to re-apply.
Applications must consist of application cover letter, detailed CV with three (3) referees contacts; Indicate your current position, current remuneration, expected remuneration, e-mail and day-time telephone contact, relevant Certificates and Testimonials; and copy of National ID/Passport to be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Film Commission,
Jumuia Place, Second Floor, Lenana Road,
P.O. Box 76417, 00508 Nairobi.
KFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women, youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of required documents will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.