DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Turner & Townsend
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
The Position holder, MEP Site Engineer will supervise and coordinate the work of internal and external resources and equipment technical specialists during on-site installation/construction activities related to MEP works to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements
Your Main Responsibilities Will Include
- Accountable for timely execution of MEP site activities as per the approved drawing, client specification & Local authorities.
- Supervise MEP contractors at site & ensure the proper quality of work being executed.
- Supervise all the MEP installation, testing, FAT & commissioning activities.
- Planning the work at site & efficiently coordinate between contactors to meet the target dates.
- Follow up with the contractors for material delivery at site in a timely manner.
- Problem solving as may arise at site.
- Liaise with the project team & coordinate the MEP works with other electrical & civil activities.
- Liaise with the client / consultant for all the MEP site activities.
- Maintain site record for the RFC drawing, Site notes, client inspection & snags.
- Verify the material quantity take off.
- Follow up clearing the client / Consultant comments & snags.
- Attend meetings with client / consultant & follow up the agreed actions on time.
- Coordinate & review the builders work drawing with the MEP contractors.
- Ensure & check the MEP civil requirement are provided at site in the proper time to avoid re-work.
- Arrange and chair Co-ordination Meetings with all Subcontractors involved in the works in conjunction with the Project Management team on a biweekly basis and more frequently if required.
- Monitor the progress at site & ensure any possible delays are dealt in timely manner.
- Follow up Clearing of the snags & punch list commented by the client before the project completion.
- Ensure that contractors adheres to our HSE policy & local regulation.
- Prepare method statement for site activities.
- Obtain the client approval as MEP engineer & issue the required work permits.
- Attend all the fault defects that may arise in the warranty period.
- Prepare the red mark up, as built, & O & M manuals.
- Assist in reviewing the design drawing & material submittal.
- Follow up with the Client / consultant for the documents approval.
- Establish proper interpersonal relation with entire Project team and bear responsibility in fostering team
Ideally you should have bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ of work experience on similar projects.
- Experience with Projects of different size, complexity and contractual types.
- Understanding MEP design and constructions subcontract’s Terms and Conditions
People Related Skills
- Result Oriented
- Strong leadership/interpersonal skills
- Positive Attitude and Common Sense
- Good sense of Customer needs
- Good sense of Customer needs / Good Customer relations
- Presentation and communication skills
- Computer literate and well conversant with project scheduling
- Problem solving skills
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here