- Company: Teachers Service Commission
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Kenya
Although the Teachers Service Commission was established in 1967, its history dates back to the 1950s when teachers led by retired President Daniel T Moi vigorously fought for the formation of one teacher body. Following the formation of the first teachers union in Kenya – the Kenya National Union of Teachers (KNUT) in 1957 there was sustained agitation for the creation of an umbrella body to manage the affairs of all teachers.
To qualify for promotion and deployment to secondary school, a candidate should meet the following basic requirements:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a holder of a PI Certificate;
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education with 2 teaching subjects;
- Must have attained at least C+ (Plus) mean grade at Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) or its equivalent and C+ (Plus) in the two teaching subjects or it’s equivalent;
- Must be serving under Teachers Service Commission;
Applicants MUST ensure that certified copies of the degree certificate and academic transcripts are filed at the Commission through the TSC County Director within one (1) month from the date of this advert.