The Kenya Cultural Centre incorporating the Kenya National Theatre is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament Cap 218, under the Ministry of Sports, Culture and Heritage.
We wish to recruit for the following open post.
Principal Finance Officer
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Kenya Cultural Centre Nairobi
Terms of Service: 3-year Contract renewable subject to individual performance
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director/CEO, the job holder will;
- Implement financial regulations, policies, strategies and plans;
- Ensure effective and efficient use of financial resources;
- Authorize commitments and expenditures;
- Prepare financial reports and analyse income and expenditure against budgets;
- Prepare budget estimates and undertake budgetarily and cost controls;
- Coordinate preparation of budgets based on work plans;
- Coordinate preparation of budget proposals, financial plans and cash flow projections;
- Develop budget utilization reports;
- Undertake financial and accounting management;
- Design, monitor and supervise the implementation of financial internal controls;
- Coordinate financial audits and ensure implementation of financial recommendations.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned to the employee and as are necessary to achieve the Centre’s objectives
Requirements / Qualifications
The appropriate candidate must possess the following minimum qualifications;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or it’s equivalent from a recognized university;
- CPA (K) or it’s equivalent;
- Membership of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or any other recognized professional body in good standing;
- Minimum four (4) years post qualification work experience in the finance field;
- Demonstrate competence in Government accounting procedures and reporting;
- Must demonstrate strong bookkeeping and accounting skills;
- Supervisory course lasting not less than two (2) weeks;
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Demonstrated competence in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Remuneration: The successful candidate shall be offered competitive remuneration at KCC Job Group 5, a House allowance, Commuter allowance and Leave allowance as per government rates.
Interested candidates should visit our website www.kenyaculturalcentre.go.ke for the full details of the open posts and send their applications, addressed to the undersigned, to email address [email protected] or depositing of application letter at the Kenya Cultural Centre Offices (located along Harry Thuku Road, opposite Norfolk) not later than 14th April, 2021.
The application letter must be accompanied by an updated curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates and testimonials.
Kenya Cultural Centre ¡s an equal opportunity employcr
Ag. Chief Executive Officer / Executive Director
Kenya Cultural Centre Incorporating The Kenya National Theatre
P.O Box 43031-00100