Production & Operations Jobs, Other Professions, Yara East Africa Ltd Jobs
Yara East Africa Ltd is as subsidiary of Yara International ASA , a world’s leading fertilizer company and a provider of environmental solutions. Yara grows knowledge to responsibly feed the world and protect the planet, to fulfill our vision of a collaborative society, a world without hunger and a planet respected. We provide growers with key knowledge and best practices to sustainably improve their crop yields, quality, and profitability.
Yara East Africa has been in operation in Kenya for the past 24 years; importing and distributing fertilizer to farmers. Yara has also developed crop specific fertilizers (YaraMila, YaraBela, YaraLiva and YaraVita) crop programs to supply complete balanced crop nutrition for a wide range of arable, horticultural, grassland, fruit and forage crops and as well as offering capacity building programs to farmers.
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: 5 years
Job Field: Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
The Assitant operations manager will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the operations right from bagging, storage upto dispatch from warehouses to achieve the target operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Planning and supervision of the stock receipt and dispatch processes.
- Managing the operations department stakeholders (customers, contractors and suppliers) while ensuring compliance with the company’s way of working.
- Steer the truck loading and offloading forecast plans to ensure fulfillment of customer orders/deliveries.
- Support the Operations Manager in providing leadership in the execution of the country strategy in line with the company’s vision.
- Ensure adherence to Yara Safety guidelines.
- Oversee the inventory related requirements and processes.
- University degree in operations management, business management or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years practical experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience in operations management and leading teams
- Proficient in using Ms Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Technical Competencies in Operations and supply chain.
- Interpersonal Competencies—Relationship Management, Communication and personal effectiveness
- Operation Competencies—Analysing, adaptability, planning and organization skills.
How to Apply
Go to www.jobs.yara.com to apply