Program Manager Jobs In Kenya.
Title: Program Assistant Manager – Ajira Youth Empowerment Centre,
Program: Ajira Digital Program,
Gross Salary: Competitive,
Our Client is a Training institution on Digital programs appointed to carry out the Ajira Digital Program across the country. The AJIRA Digital Program is a Government initiative launched and driven by the Ministry of ICT, Innovation and Youth Affairs (MoICT) whose Mission is to enable 1 Million Kenyan youth to earn a decent wage from digital and digitally-enabled jobs annually, in the Gig and Freelancing economy through Training and Demand linkages.
The Program seeks to position Kenya as a choice labor destination and a Business Process Outsourcing Hub for multinational companies as well as to encourage local companies and the Public Sector to create Digital Work.
The main scope and objective of this role are to assist the Program 1 Lead in planning, execution, and operationalization of the Ajira Youth Empowerment Centers (AYECs) and Supervising the Center Managers who manage the AYECs.
The job requires working with other Teams to ensure the Program activities are aligned with the objectives and goals of the Ajira Digital Program.
Program Management – Program Planning & Execution
- Assist the AYECs Centers Manager – Program 1 Lead in the development, implementation & reporting of Program 1 and its alignment with Ajira Digital strategic plan.
- Develop and implement appropriate tools and related guidelines for continuous improvement of the program implementation and impact assessment in close consultation with the AYECs Center Manager.
- Oversee the monthly and quarterly plans for the training activities at the AYECs and achieve the minimum monthly Training targets.
- Ensure proper coordination of AYECs Trainings, key events, activities, and meetings.
- Provide timely progress reports on the AYEC.
- Have an approved annual/monthly budget in place as directed by the AYECs Center Manager.
- Ensure proper documentation relating to Program 1 expenditure – Expense reports and receipts.
Leadership – Supervising Center Managers.
- Lead, Mentor, and Supervise the Center Managers.
- Act as the key contact person for the Center Managers.
- Resolve any issues that arise in the AYECs on time
- Effectively communicate with staff in AYECs and management.
- Assess Centre Managers’ skills, performance, and productivity to identify areas of improvement.
- Drive program values and philosophy in the Team and through all training activities at the AYECs.
- Supervising the Mentorship and collection of Success Stories by Center Managers
- Monitor success of the Youth Trained and Mentored on Ajira Digital getting linked to Online Work.
- Ensure proper coordination of success stories, social media engagement, and documentation.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the AYECs.
- Ensure the AYECs have adequate resources and manpower to operate efficiently.
- Ensure smooth running of the program activities/events.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, management, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Management, preferably Training and development management.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Superb track record in developing and executing successful training programs.
- Experience with online work/freelancing is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject ( Program Assistant Manager) to [email protected] on/before 25th October 2021.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. .
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? . .