Jumia is Africa’s leading internet company, with over 4,000 employees in 14 African countries. We have built winning businesses such as Jumia, Jumia Food, Jumia Travel, Jumia Pay and Jumia Services. It is led by talented leaders with a mix of local and international experience and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CDC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia’s mission is to change people’s lives through the internet. We do this by building marketplaces that save customers money and time and create opportunities for vendors, and our other partners. At Jumia Ecommerce, we are building the largest & most loved shopping destination for Africans.
Africa is home to the fastest growing economies in the world, offering huge opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. This growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia plays its role.
We are looking for talented people with a passion for building businesses and for Africa, to join our team and embark on this exciting journey.
The Role In Brief
As Project Manager your main responsibilities will be to develop and drive the operations in Jumia Services, Jumia’s Logistics Provider, through Operational and Strategic actions. You will be supported by a world-class team that has opened ventures throughout Africa and can bring the experience and tools to ensure your success.
The main challenges are described below:
- Implementing best practice fulfillment and logistics processes along the operational chain.
- Scaling the capacity and the processes to support the growth of the company
- Working closely with the Jumia Services central team to share and implement global best practices
- Defining proper capacity planning to ensure surges in orders from clients are handled in a timely manner
- Delivering measurable results linked to the business
- Ensuring regular reporting of your actions and results
- Managing the wider team’s efficiency and cohesion
- Ensuring the quality of the measurement of selected KPIs hourly, daily, weekly and monthly
- Constantly improving and developing new internal processes
- Making fast decisions in order to solve daily emergencies
- Fully understanding our information system and roll our new developments
- Producing regular reporting on the operations performance
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, leadership and drive
- Ability to negotiate and communicate in flawless English
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Experience in multinational environment
- Experience or high level of comfort in logistics or operations
- Experience managing teams or large projects
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Capacity to challenge and improve processes
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity to help build & shape a growing African ecommerce giant
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- Unparalleled personal and professional growth (our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures)