- Company: Save the Children
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Project Management Jobs in Kenya
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children’s rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
The Regional Programme Operations Advisor will support the regional operations team and country offices with strategic operations initiatives, leading the following processes with a regional lens: Risk Management Plan (RMP) reviews, Humanitarian Operations Control Reviews (OCR), Real Time Reviews (RTR), Global Assurance Audit and reviewing and supporting country offices analyze their Country Office Operating Models (COOM). This will include working with country offices in the management and execution of these operation control processes, providing guidance and capacity building as well as ensuring a high-quality final product is produced. The post holder will produce reports and analysis to support the Regional Operations department in improving risk management, control reviews and structural changes are managed and implemented in an optimal way across the region.
Furthermore, the Regional Programme Operations Advisor; will support the roll out of regional capacity building; training and mentoring initiatives that are coordinated through the regional office in liaison with all other functions in the Region. The post-holder will also work with country office Directors of Programme Operations and other associated staff in identifying and supporting (including direct training/mentoring) capacity building needs that will ensure quality and timely programming in Country Offices.
The post holder will report to the Regional Operations Director and will work closely with the regional operations team; as well as others in the regional office (including HR, Finance, M&E etc.) and country office humanitarian, operations and communications teams.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience in role with similar responsibly for risk management, process improvement and change management.
- A University Degree in a related field
- Significant experience implementing Audit findings, change management and system improvements.
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively to elicit information from a variety of stakeholders and to adapt this into concise materials in English to support and promote the work of Save the Children.
- Excellent facilitation and team building skills.
- Excellent and proven communicator able to communicate to a wide range of audiences.
- Builds capacity with hands on practical approach and can demonstrate experience of training.
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines.
- Good understanding of children’s issues, rights, development and humanitarian issues, and the ability to relate Save the Children’s work within this context.
- Ability to work effectively with people from different nationalities, cultures, ethnic and religious groups across the region
- Willingness and the personal circumstances to be able to travel regularly around the region (average of one week a month, sometimes more)
- Competent IT skills and experience of using email and Internet
- Experience of working for or with Save the Children, or a related rights or development organisation
- Understanding of the development issues and/or work experience in East Africa region
- Basic competence in one or more of the major languages in the region
- Experience of operating multimedia equipment including digital cameras, video recording equipment, web cams, and voice recorders.
- Experience of tailoring communication and advocacy messages for a variety of decision-makers and high-level audiences.