Finance Officer Job, Current Finance Jobs,
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR VARIOUS POSITIONS
Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust (RWMT) is a charitable organisation operating in rural Rarieda sub-county in Siaya County. The organisation began as a grass-root CBO in 2003 to assist orphaned children and youth with a focus on community empowerment and development.
Vision: People believe in themselves and work together to build a vibrant and progressive community.
Mission: Empower people and build their capacities to create positive change for children and youth within their community.
We are currently seeking to recruit talented, progressive and team-oriented individuals to fill the following vacant positions;
- FINANCE OFFICER
- STORES ASSISTANT
- FARM SUPERVISOR
- FARM ASSISTANT
- HOSTEL MATRON
(a) FINANCE OFFICER
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide efficient, timely and accurate financial management information and expertise to enable timely management decision-making and safeguard the company’s assets from loss arising from fraud or error.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
R1. Financial Management
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of financial management strategies and policies.
- Support finance manager in maintaining proper accounting system, internal controls and procedures.
- Raise petty cash replenishment requests when petty cash replenishment level is attained.
- Ensure cash disbursements are liquidated on time and send weekly cash advance reports on time.
- Timely posting of all financial transactions in quick books.
- Prepare cheque and petty cash vouchers; ensure completeness of PV and PCV files and adequacy of support documentations.
- Issuing cheques to suppliers and recording in cheque register.
- Monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Monthly reconciliation of stock reports between inventory and finance systems.
- Maintain supplier accounts, reconciliations and monthly reports.
- Maintain debtor accounts, reconciliations and monthly reports.
- Take part in preparation, co-ordination and control of budget.
- Conduct weekly/spontaneous cash count and proper filing of signed cash count documents.
- Production of monthly support schedule of all balance sheet items.
- Prepare monthly grants financial reports that comply with donor specifications.
- Maintain an updated Fixed Asset Register.
- Participate in both internal and external audit.
- Ensure all statutory deductions are paid on time.
- Participate costing of products and services.
R2. Risk Management
- Ensure that the project does not suffer financial loss through fraud and error by ensuring that all internal control measures are implemented.
- Ensure that the project complies with all the legal, regulatory and audit requirements, including submitting relevant reports to the management.
- Safe custody of all cheque books and cash in the safe at all times.
- Ensure safekeeping of all organization’s assets.
R3. Inventory Management
- Review of monthly inventory reports and ensure the accuracy, completeness and timeliness
- In charge of quarterly stock take and generating stock take reports
- Carrying out spot checks on inventory
- Ensuring all inventory variances are explained or charged
- Assist in procurements duties in the absence of designated staff
- Assist in inventory management duties in the absence of designated staff
R4 Governance and Management
- Ensure adherence to RWMT’s policies and procedures as outlined by the organization’s finance and other policy manuals.
- Ensure responsible, transparent and compliant use of funds within approved budget and in compliance with RWMT’s policies.
- Ensure continuous monitoring and evaluation of the project activities vis-à-vis budget and program plans.
- Interpret and implement government policies that affect the activities of the project.
R5. Other duties and responsibilities
- Build effective working relationships with government institutions, NGOs and private sector organizations.
- Represent the organization in relevant forums whenever called to.
- Actively participate in the Saturday Psycho-Social Support Program for Orphaned and Vulnerable Children and build the community’s capacity to eventually run the Saturday PSS on their own.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time and which are related to the achievement of RWMT’s mission and vision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Level of education: At least a Diploma in Finance/ accounting or other relevant disciplines
- Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications: A professional qualification of at least CPA Section 4
- Proficiency in quick books
- Proficient in MS Office applications and with emphasis in Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines without supervision
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in team environment
- At least four (4) years’ experience in financial accounting
- Experience working in commercial and donor funded organizations
- Quick books experience is a MUST
How To Apply
Interested candidates are requested to email the following to [email protected] by 24 th February 2021.
(1) Cover letter stating the position for which you are applying, along with current remuneration or last remuneration if currently not employed, (2) three paragraph motivation statement and why you feel you meet the requirements, (3) three references and (4) C.V.
IMPORTANT: All four (4) above mentioned steps must be followed. Applications not following all steps will automatically be disqualified. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applicants should bring a personal commitment to community development. Applicants should take time to reflect and make sure they resonate strongly with Rafiki wa Maendeleo Trust’s vision and mission before considering to apply.
Only those who can demonstrate all required competencies will be considered.