Job Vacancy: Planning Analyst
Job Location: Nairobi
About Sanergy: Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya.
We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions.
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa.
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day.
Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals.
For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role: The Planning Analyst will be accountable for the planning and analysis functions within Sanergy and help in achieving organizational mission and goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- An adept production planner experienced in the manufacturing industry.
- Experienced in scheduling & forecasting.
- Proficient in data analysis using excel & google sheets
- Cost Accounting and modeling experience preferred.
- Gain proficiency in production planning for Sanergy products.
- Reduce weekly plan versus actual variances to a maximum of 5%
- Expand the weekly/monthly/yearly production forecasts to include various Sanergy products production and utilization
- Expand the weekly/monthly/yearly production forecasts to include various Sanergy products production
- Maintain a CAPA resolution rate >90% for immediate corrective actions
- All other functions as may be assigned by the manager
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. These include chemical, mechanical, process, industrial engineering fields
- Experience in statistics or related certification (stats) will be an added advantage
- Previous experience in a production facility/company will be an added advantage
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity, and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
How to Apply
Application Deadline: 31st May 2021
Sanergy is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.