- Company: Syngenta
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Agricultural Jobs in KenyaSyngenta Jobs in Kenya
Syngenta is a leading science-based agtech company. We help millions of farmers around the world to grow safe and nutritious food, while taking care of the planet.
Execution of crop scouting duties to ensure monitoring and quantification of pests and diseases is properly carried out in the allocated sections..
- Conducting crop scouting and monitoring for pests and diseases in the different greenhouse compartments and or sections.
- Ensuring that all disease & pest monitoring and control strategies are in place, for example checking on the effectiveness of the sticky traps, checking for any openings in the greenhouses and sealing the openings that are within reach.
- Collecting plant samples for pathological analysis. Ensure labeling is done correctly including plant variety / trial, location of the affected plants, and symptoms observed.
- Implementation of IPM strategies and follow up of the same.
- Chemical spray follow-up and proactive communication on the effects of spray application.
- Timely submission of the daily scouting report to the Quality and Agronomy Lead for prompt action.
- Timely communication on observations made in the greenhouse compartments to the Technicians/ Team leaders.
- Assist in setting up Quality & Agronomy based trials, following up on them to the end and being able to offer conclusions based on the results.
- Participate in spotting and eradication of weeds/host plants inside and outside the greenhouse compartments.
- Ensuring that data on pests, diseases and pathogens identified during crop scouting, and laboratory analysis are recorded correctly in line with the Syngenta QMS.
- Enforce the Phytosanitary rules and regulations.
- Implementation of Syngenta HSE policy and standards.
- Any other tasks and projects as may be allocated from time to time.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- O-Level Certificate with a minimum grade score of C –
- Should have a proven track record on job capability
- Relevant experience in a similar role will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal relations
- Attention to details
- Computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills