- Company: Global Development Incubator (GDI)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Management Jobs in KenyaProduction Jobs in Kenya
Global Development Incubator (GDI) is an incubator for transformational development ventures, working to build and scale the next generation of social impact solutions. Whether these concepts originate from sector experts or are developed and tested ourselves, we create new approaches to address persistent global issues.
The role holder will be a core member of Aceli Africa’s dynamic and growing team and will be responsible for supporting Aceli product development and adjustments of financial incentives to unlock financing for agri-SMEs. The incumbent must have experience in business and product performance analytics, possess a mastery of financial analytics and modelling tools, and be adept at engaging a range of stakeholders from commercial banks and other lenders serving agricultural SMEs to data and learning partners, and donors. The role will report to the Head of Product and Operations and is a fulltime position with GDI Kenya, a non-profit entity registered under Kenyan law and affiliated with GDI, Inc., a non profit registered in the United States of America.
- Perform data analysis and market intelligence to guide in the calibration of Aceli Financial Incentives with the aim of catalyzing investment in agri-SMEs;
- Lead the annual budget preparations and make the necessary updates in the five-year projections for the Aceli financial incentives program;
- Be the focal point for the annual financial benchmarking study and work with Aceli data partners in collecting, analyzing and reporting data on agricultural lending trends in East Africa;
- Work closely with Aceli country representatives to ensure partner lending institutions have a good understanding of Aceli financial incentives and their feedback is regularly collected to inform future product iterations;
- Ensure incentives earned by partner lending institutions are accurately calculated and paid in a timely manner;
- Provide partner lending institutions with periodic reports on their earned financial incentives and address any related queries in coordination with Aceli country representatives;
- Create or adapt internal documentation (including policies and guidelines) and tools to support the process of product development and enhancement of the financial incentives as well as training of partner lending institutions;
- Practice the highest degree of professionalism and integrity to build Aceli Africa’s excellent reputation;
- Collaborate with the Aceli team at the regional and global levels to ensure that all of the above responsibilities are well-coordinated with Aceli’s strategic priorities and operating processes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative fields;
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in East Africa;
- Demonstrated financial modeling skills and knowledge of business intelligence tools;
- Ability to perform client and industry analysis to identify gaps/opportunities and structure appropriate solutions;
- Strategic thinker who is adept at connecting big picture objectives with an action orientation;
- Go-getter who takes initiative and is able to work independently and collaborate with a multi- country team in a rapidly evolving environment;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Professional with a demonstrated record of the highest integrity and ethical conduct;
- Keen interest and understanding of the agricultural finance market in East Africa, and;
- Passion for applying financial and business acumen to have a positive impact on farmer livelihoods, food security, and economic development in East Africa.
ctor experts or are developed and tested ourselves, we create new approaches to address persistent global issues.