- Company: Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Advertising/Media Jobs in KenyaKenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre (KAGRC) formally known as Central Artificial Insemination Station (CAIS) was established by Kenya Gazette Notice Number 557 of 19th June 1946 with the objective of controlling venereal diseases and genetic improvement of exotic dairy Cattle. KAGRC is situated 15 km from City Centre (West of the Nairobi City), and has its Headquarters in Lower Kabete in Nairobi and has land capacity of about 358 Acres, 124 bulls in the stud. The functions of the management committee have since been taken over by the Board of Directors, appointed vide the Gazette Notice No L.N. 110 of 5th Sept. 2011. The mandate of KAGRC is to produce, preserve, and conserve, animal genetic material (semen embryo, tissues and live animals) and rear breeding bulls for provision of high quality disease free semen to meet the national demand and for export. In order to meet its mandate, KAGRC works in close collaboration with other breeding organizations such as the Kenya Stud Book, the Dairy Recording Services of Kenya and the Livestock Recording Center. Together, these organizations implement the Contract Mating and Progeny Testing Programmes. The organization also works closely with the breed societies as well as individual and institutional farms which provide herds for the breeding program. It is a profound achievement that the centre has attained the ISO 9001:2008 QMS certification in management standards on the world best practices. Bull Stud The station initially started with an importation of six bulls in 1946 ; four Guernsey and two Jersey bulls from America and Scotland respectively. Ayrshire and Friesian breeds were later introduced.
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:
- Developing, managing and overseeing implementation of communication and branding strategy and policy;
- Managing corporate events;
- Developing and managing information, education and communication materials;
- Ensuring a positive corporate image of the Centre;
- Managing corporate communications;
- Managing and providing media liaison services; and
- Developing, managing and overseeing implementation of corporate social responsibility programs.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:
- Have at least four (4) years relevant work experience;
- Have Bachelors degree in Communication or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution,
- Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Have Professional qualification and membership where applicable;
- Demonstrated results in work performance; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.