Senior Internal Auditor Jobs, Accounting Jobs, Auditor Jobs, Finance Jobs, CPA Jobs, Kabete National Polytechnic Jobs
Job Group N
This position is responsible to develop and monitor the implementation of the internal audit strategy, budgets policies and procedures.
The position co-ordinates the implementation of the internal audit work plan to ensure delivery of audit services that meet set timelines and quality standards.
- Co-ordinate the preparation of the audit budget to ensure sufficient allocation of resources critical for the timely implementation of the audit strategy.
- Develop an annual programme of audit review works, to ensure audit reviews are done in a timely manner for quality managemt purposes and compliance to the relevant statutory requirement.
- Present findings of audit reviews to management to assist in the implementation of strategies to address the issues or gaps identified.
- Report to the audit committee in relations to the adherence to the internal systems, Policies and procedures to avert risk that may arise.
- Co-ordinate the application of risk based approach to review the institutions systems and controls to identify any gaps in the management of risks and recommend the appropriate strategies.
- Monitor the implementation of recommendations to ensure appropriate interventions are implementation for any challenges identified in the implementation.
- Coordinate the training of users on risk management practices across the institution to ensure the organization is aware of the rules and regulations governing risk at all times.
- Conduct internal checks across all the Polytechnic Departments in order to migitate any risks that might expose the Polytechnic.
- Examine the payment documents to eliminate errors.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance /Accounting Option
- CPA (K)
- Served in a senior Audit position for at least five years
- Minimum grade of B plain in KCSE
- Membership to a professional body
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant computer packages
How to Apply
All Applications should include a cover letter, CV, Copies Certificates and Testimonials to be addressed to:
The Chief Principal,
Kabete National Polytechnic,
P.O. BOX 29010-00625,
All applications should be received by 11 th June 2019.
KNP is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.