- Company: Teachers Service Commission
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Kenya
Although the Teachers Service Commission was established in 1967, its history dates back to the 1950s when teachers led by retired President Daniel T Moi vigorously fought for the formation of one teacher body. Following the formation of the first teachers union in Kenya – the Kenya National Union of Teachers (KNUT) in 1957 there was sustained agitation for the creation of an umbrella body to manage the affairs of all teachers.
GRADE D4/T-SCALE 14)
No of Positions: 300
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
For appointment to this grade, a teacher must:
- have served in the grade of Principal(Grade D3/TSC Scale 13) for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- be a holder of Bachelor of Educationor Bachelor of Science or Arts Degree plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE);
- be currently serving as Principal in national,extra county and county schools;
- have satisfactory rating in the performance appraisal and performance contracting process; andv.meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
NB: Master’sDegree in a relevant area will be an added advantage
Applicants shall be required to upload the following documents during applications:
- Letter of appointment to the current grade;
- Letter of appointment/deploymentto the current responsibility;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Director of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate by Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Clearance Application from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Clearance Certificatefrom a Credit Reference Bureau;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- .Highest academic Certificate.