Quality Assurance Editors Job, Latest Media Jobs In Kenya 2021,
Overall Purpose Of The Job
This role is responsible for carrying out the final editing of the newspaper and to ensure that all revisions and corrections are effected before printing and after the first edition. To be in charge of all editing operations until the final edition is published.
- To supervise all editorial staff on late duty charged with editing of the newspaper.
- To revise all the news pages of the newspaper before they are released to the Production Department for printing.
- To revise the first edition of the newspaper to ensure that there are no mistakes and that all pages conform to the accepted house style in terms of headlines, body text and captions.
- To make editorial changes and corrections on any mistakes detected in the various editions of the paper.
- Work closely with the Sub Editors and Writers/Reporters to ensure that all important stories coming in are related in the late editions.
- To conceptualize ideas and to develop story lines that will resonate with the audiences on the print publication.
- To assign and streamline content that will fit the assigned product.
- To incorporate new ideas and trends that will make the content appealing to the audiences.
- Keep the Print Editor – Daily informed of work progress, any problems encountered and areas where he may require assistance and/or facilitation.
- Identify areas of improvement/development in daily news reporting and to make appropriate recommendations to the Print Editor – Daily.
- Ensuring stories collected are balanced, properly presented, free of error and in line with laid down editorial policy and house-style.
- Contribute to the Converged Standard Newsroom’s creative process, actively suggesting story ideas, angles, treatment and production concepts.
- Ensuring there are no cases of libel and defamation in stories filed so as to cushion the Group against risks of suits.
- Editorial conception and management – defining a rolling annual editorial plan and coherent editorial lines.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Media, Journalism or related discipline. Experience
- Minimum of seven (7) years having worked as a writer/reporter and as revise editor.
- Skills And Other Attributes
- Ability to work within established rules, regulations, Policies and practices.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Well-developed analytical skills.
- Energy and ability to work irregular hours.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills at all staff levels and at community level.
- High degree of integrity
How To Apply
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, please apply not later than Wednesday, 01/09/2021 to: [email protected]