Systems Engineer Job, Engineering Jobs in Kenya 2020,
Position: Chassis & Powertrain Systems Engineer,
Designed, engineered, and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged, and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire a Chassis & Powertrain Systems Engineer interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Technical Team.
- The Technical team ensures that Mobius Motors has selected and developed the optimum technological solution to maximise the value and benefit of our product offering to our customers. This encompasses the following areas:
- Innovation: Strategic selection and application of existing and new technology in a new manner to address challenging product development needs
- Design & Development: Utilisation of lean and agile design & development best practices to efficiently introduce new products & solutions quickly and robustly
- Capability: Development of the right technological knowhow both internally & externally (through partners) to allow pushing the boundary of capable product development goals
- Every member of the Technical team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
- Requirements Development: Upfront, ensure clear definition of design requirements, acceptance criteria including applicable Voice of Customer (VOC), Voice of Business (VOB), Voice of Regulation (VOR).
- Design Development: Design select Chassis and Powertrain components and assemblies to meet vehicle functional and performance
- CAD Model & Drawing Design: Produce accurate and timely 3D and 2D designs. Identify and resolve packaging problems. Organise and lead design reviews with
- Design for Assembly and Manufacture: Implement design for assembly and manufacture and Mobius design
- FMEA: Carry out applicable design FMEA on system and components to identify risks and mitigation activities.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, CATIA or AutoCAD
- Strong system knowledge both theoretical and practical
- Passion for prototype development and a pragmatic attitude
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- High level of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to self-manage; taking ownership of projects: budgeting, work planning, resource management and reporting
- A start-up personality: entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal-oriented, flexible, and able to deal well with setback
- Reliable, diligent, and hard-working team player
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Industrial Systems Engineering or similar
How to apply
Please note that the application channel is [email protected]
The job title should be the subject of the email. Deadline is 31st October 2020