- Company: Ernst & Young
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Accounting Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 230,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. EY, has been in East Africa for over 87 years and with over 600 professionals, is today one of the largest professional services firms in the region.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Liaising with payroll partners / clients you will ensure timely and accurate processing of our monthly payrolls as mutually agreed with stakeholder.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting and entering/uploading data.
- Prepares/extracts payroll reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and other statutory payments as required.
- Establish, maintain and develop strong and trusted client relationships that result in high client satisfaction
- Resolves payroll discrepancies/queries by collecting and analyzing information
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Support team members on the requirements & objectives
- Support in creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Manage & provide a responsive, accurate client advisory service on payroll matters within agreed timelines.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Adhoc reporting and other duties as required
Technical Skills and Qualification:
- 0-3 years of experience in administering Africa Payroll, Preferable South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana
- Should hold a bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Science with above 70% aggregate.
- Proven ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, in English in a clear and concise manner
- Proven ability to quickly learn new information, processes and procedures
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite of products, proficiency of any level
- Open to work in different shift timings
- Passion for Service Excellence, being Proactive & Positive
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple agenda concurrently
- Setting high standards for quality and quantity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Analytically minded with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrates an ability to learn and think quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced pressurized environment