Service Provision Focal Point Logistics Officer Job, Current Logistics Kenya Jobs,
UN World Food Programme Logistics Officer – Service Provision Focal Point Jobs in Kenya
- The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan , Sudan and Uganda.
- WFP service provision is undergoing a strategic realignment to better respond to the SDG 17 goals and several initiatives have been implemented to professionalize and streamline the end-to-end service management within the organization and towards the humanitarian partners.
- The establishment of a Service Centre, covering for the geographical and functional span of service provision, is being developed to ensure a high-quality and standardized service delivery, as well as business development, granular internal and external (toward partners) coordination, transparent monitoring and adequate support to both partners and service providers. The three-tier Service Centre structure entails a global Service Centre, RB-based focal points, and service focal points at Country Office (CO) level.
Within this context, and to operationalize the Service Centre regional tier, the Regional Bureau is hiring a Service Provision Focal Point to lead the WFP solutions implementation within the region, ensuring continuous and consistent support to the field.
To enhance the adoption and promotion of service provision solutions and implement sound coordination at regional and local levels, as well as constantly supporting the COs service provision operations from technical and business viewpoints. The incumbent will operate under the direct supervision of the Service Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out the following tasks and responsibilities.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
Advanced University degree (recognized by https://www.whed.net/home.php) in Economics, Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering, Business Management or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- 5 or more years of professional experience and progressive responsibility in working in supply chain and logistics operations, regional food assistance, external service provision, technical assistance, and/or operational guidance in emergency/post-emergency contexts.
- Experience working directly with COs counterparts to provide business and technical support and implement activities, particularly in the RBN.
- Direct experience in implementing WFP activities and guidelines, project management, as well as monitoring and evaluation desirable.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
Experience in budget preparation and monitoring, as per corporate standards.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
Desired Experiences for Entry Into the Role
Understanding of WFP’s mandate, Country Strategic Planning process, intervention modalities, programme and project lifecycle tools, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation desirable.
- Knowledge of key national and regional contexts and issues.
- Problem solving and supervision skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with COs stakeholders.
- Learning agility, and appetite for exploring and experimenting with new ideas and approaches.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to produce high-quality written outputs and ability to present in English and the working language.
- Ability to work independently in a timely and organized manner, as well as part of a team, participating in open dialogues and valuing diverse opinions of others, regardless of gender, culture, background, experience, or country assignment.
Moderate to proficient computer literacy.
Key Accountabilities1/2 (not all-inclusive)
- Lead the regional service provision support to the COs and act as focal point for the end-to-end service management, ensuring efficient, timely and transparent delivery of services at local and regional levels.
- Ensure that business and technical issues are identified and escalated to HQ for solution.
- Perform local and regional service provision monitoring activities, ensuring service quality standards are met and areas for improvement and optimization detected, in collaboration with CO, RB and HQ stakeholders.
- Prepare accurate and timely data collection, reporting and dashboards to inform on service provision activities, enabling an informed and consistent decision making. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders (HQ/RB/COs) to consolidate preliminary data analysis and disseminate as required.
Timely detect gaps, delays, and risks in local and regional service provision and address them as needed, in consultation with RB and HQ stakeholders.
Key Accountabilities 2/2
- Coordinate the change management strategy at regional and local levels, ensuring successful implementation of new service provision solutions and adequate post-roll out support and guidance.
- Facilitate and support the implementation by COs of the Service Marketplace ecosystem, as well as new digital tools and procedures.
- Establish and lead clear and regular coordination, support and feedback gathering mechanisms with COs focal points to identify and report business and technical requirements and/or issues.
- Lead the preparation and delivery of training and webinars related to service provision initiatives and tools in strict coordination with HQ and in line with the overall change management strategy.
- Ensure first-level technical advice and guidance to CO staff, ensuring service provision activities are timely and consistently managed and captured in the systems.
Other as required.
How to Apply