- Company: Mombasa County
- Location: Kenya
- State: Mombasa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Mombasa County is one of the 47 Counties of Kenya. Its capital and the only city in the county is Mombasa. Initially it was one of the former Districts of Kenya but in 2013 it was reconstituted as a county, on the same boundaries. It is the smallest county in Kenya, covering an area of 229.7 km2 excluding 65 km2 of water mass. The county is situated in the South Eastern part of the former Coast Province. It borders Kilifi County to the North, Kwale County to the South West and the Indian Ocean to the East. Administratively, the county is divided into seven divisions, eighteen locations and thirty sub-locations.
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics or Real Estate from a recognized institution of learning or any other related field
- Must be a full member, Registered and Licensed Valuer with valid up-to date certificates from the ISK and VRB
- Served as a Valuer for at least five (3) years and demonstrated professional competence, ability, integrity and result oriented
- Have skills in computer literacy with proficiency in supportive application including Microsoft from recognized institution
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, team player and with exemplary leadership qualities, interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive valuation requisitions and undertake: valuation of ground rents and stand premium payable for new land allocations
- Valuation of private land for purchase or related transactions
- Management of all landed property belonging to the county including leases and lease renewals;
- Valuation for stamp-duty payable on land transactions;
- Review enhanced rents for development applications on land;
- Undertake valuations for compulsory acquisition and easements;
- Undertake valuations for taxation and establish valuation rolls for ratable property
- Preparing routine reports on valuation and property management matters;
- Handle enquiries from the public on land valuation and taxation matter.
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned Shall head the housing department and be responsible to the Assistant Director, Lands.