Program Officer Job, Latest NGO Kenyan Jobs,
JOB TITLE: Program Officer-Gender and Climate
POSITIONS: One (1)
SUPERVISOR: Head of Programs
DUTY STATION: Head Office with frequent travel to the field
Young Women’s Christian Association Kenya (YWCA) is a women and youth membership based, non-governmental development organization wish invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Program Officer-Gender and Climate within their establishment.
- To spearhead the delivery of Gender-Climate and Inclusion aspect of the project.
- S/he will be expected to support establishment of strategic partnerships with Climate and Gender equality focused stakeholders in order to deliver the gender-Climate outputs of the project.
- To ensue efficient and effective attainment of project objectives and goals while also adhering to Organizational strategy, climate and gender policy.
- Design Gender-Climate change programs in alignment with the YWCA strategic plan.
- Provide oversight on project planning, implementation and review.
- Responsible for strengthening the management and directing the project including the planning and monitoring of the project in collaboration with the partners.
- Ensuring the technical quality of implementation of activities and accompany the teams in the field.
- Management and coordination of field operations ensuring compliance with program policies.
- Coordinating activities with various projects partners and interface with National and County government authorities and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate training to TOTs on integration of GBV related issues to climate change
- Conduct gender and advocacy monitoring and evaluation in programs.
- Create knowledge building and sharing sessions on the policies and availability of Government Funds E.g. Women Enterprise Fund, Youth Development Fund, Green Climate fund, Constituency Development fund etc. aimed at mitigating climate change effects.
- Facilitate awareness of Income generating Activities and Savings and Investment Groups.
- Facilitate training on the policies around climate change Act 2016.
- Ensure proper training is executed during the inception of group formation and dynamics on climate change project and savings investment groups.
- Building capacity of the youth to join climate change networks and climate policy forums.
- Organize stakeholders for engagement and consultations.
- Represent YWCA in various stakeholders’ forums and donor meetings.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Level of Education/Academic qualification
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources, Social Sciences, Gender Development Studies, Environmental Studies/Environmental Planning and Management from a recognized university or its equivalent.
Other Competencies/abilities/skills required
- Experience in providing technical support on gender and disability inclusion with reference to Climate change initiatives.
- In-depth understand causes of poverty vulnerability and gender inequality in Kenya with knowledge of political, Social, Economic Social and technological environment is desirable.
- Experience working in the informal settlements/resource limited settings an added advantage
- Experience working with people with disability and the youth.
- Project Management, Advocacy, Planning and Organizational skills
- Grants management skills
- Design and delivery of capacity development methodologies skills
- Fundraising and Report writing skills
- Computer skill
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Relevant Job experience
At least Three (3) years post qualification in social science related work in recognized organisations. Previous experience is SIGS an added advantage.
How to apply
This position is contractual and interested candidates should send their application, CV, professional and academic certificates on PDF format to [email protected] indicating job title, salary expectations and availability by close of business on 23 rd June 2021 . Selection of qualified candidates will be on a rolling basis.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Public is advised that YWCA does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.