Bar Steward Job, Hotel Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Vacancy: Bar Steward,
Location: Kitisuru, Nairobi,
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance),
Salary: KES 18,000 Monthly,
Who are we?
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose & Scope The Job
The Steward will maintain the cleanliness of all the Bar areas, handle the ware washing, cleaning and sanitizing all the bar equipment and utensils and maintain the cleanliness of all the beverage stores in accordance with Ankole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the glass washing machine.
- Cares for all the operating equipment at the wash up area.
- Checks and ensures that the wash-up area is always kept clean and tidy.
- Wash Checks and ensures that the wash-up is always kept clean and tidy and disinfect bar and storeroom areas and equipment.
- Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas.
- Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals to clean glassware.
- Controls the utilization and proper use of cleaning agents/ materials.
- Ensures that proper hygiene is maintained at the wash-up by ensuring the use of correct cleaning materials for various equipment.
- Ensures that there is always adequate cleaned and wiped glassware and other service equipment during service.
- Ensures that all bar areas, and stores are kept in exceptionally clean conditions.
- Rack and spray all racked items with hot water to loosen and remove residue.
- Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing.
- Sort, soak, and wash/re-wash glassware.
- Empty and maintain trash cans and dumpster area.
- Clean and mop all areas in assigned department.
- In addition to the above, the steward may be given such other duties, as the Management may deem necessary.
- 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- High school graduate or equivalent experience.
- Hospitality certification is a plus.
- HACCP and hygiene training.
- Ability to operate dishwashing machines.
- Good working knowledge of detergents.
- Understanding of food safety practices.
- Able to work under pressure and long hours.
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness.
- Knowledgeable about the culinary industry.
- Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays.
How To Apply
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements? Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to [email protected]
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
The application deadline is 11th October 2020.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.