- Company: Thika Sports Club
- Location: Kenya
- State: Thika
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Kenya
Thika Sports Club is a member’s golf club. Our evergreen fairways emanates pure beauty with breathtaking sceneries of the Aberdare ranges, Mount Kenya and Mount Kilimambogo. The club is Located along the Thika Superhighway, barely half a kilometer from the Blue post Hotel where the famous Chania and Thika falls meet in a twin bridge. The golf club is situated in a serene environment to ensure tranquility, relaxation and comfort. We have an18 hole golf course which is luxuriant with lash green grass, trimmed to perfection and gives an exciting challenge from the Tee box to Green.
Reports to: Sports Manager
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position.
Job Summary (Essential Functions):
- Ensures that the Fitness Center is an inviting place that is well-stocked, clean, and organized for members’ enjoyment as well as the overall operation of the facility.
Education and/or Experience:
- Certification in physical education or fitness is a must
- First Certification is a must
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies, and Expectations:
- Develop and maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions; skilled in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Ability to clean and maintain the fitness center to required cleanliness standards.
- Ability to come up with programs that market the gym to members
- Knowledge of and ability to perform a required role in emergency situations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cleans the fitness center area and wipe down fitness equipment at least once daily or as often as needed.
- Greets users of the fitness center; has them sign in; answers telephones and maintains files of program cards, testing, and other information.
- Records member information for seminars and presentations.
- Assists the Sports Admin in the initial and continued development of services within the Sports Department.
- Attends all training sessions and regular staff meetings; researches assigned projects and topics; provides continuing education services to other staff members.
- Keeps conditioning room neat and clean.
- Monitors attendance and bills attendees.
- Sets up and monitors exercise equipment.
- Promotes private lessons and massage/spa services.
- Assists with special events in other club departments when necessary.
- Completes other appropriate assignments made by the Sports Admin.
Licenses and/or Special Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- CPR, AED, and First Aid certification preferred or will obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Locker rooms are gender-specific.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment, which is typical of this position.
- Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping, and pulling.
- Frequent repetitive motions (e.g., shoe shining).
- Continuous standing and walking.
- The environment of the fitness center is warm and humid.
- Able to lift, pull or push 30 pounds