Job Title: Accountant – Restaurant
Salary: 35k – 50k
Our client is a fast casual dining restaurant located in Thika.
They seek to hire an efficient accountant who will be tasked with running the day to day accounting functions.
- Ensure financial transactions are properly recorded and entered into the computerized accounting systems
- Ensure regular invoicing, receive and receipt payment
- Administer VAT and processing returns
- Administer the company’s payroll and associated statutory requirements (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, leave)
- Undertake daily banking functions and bank reconciliations. Deal with daily petty cash.
- Undertake the preparatory work for the annual audit of accounts and assisting in implementation of audit recommendations
- Undertake any ad hoc duties associated with the accounts function, including maintaining financial files and records, and photocopying.
- Ensure all filing is done in a timely, accurate and organized manner
- Carry out other related tasks as might be required from time to time
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Must have CPA (IV) and above
- At least 3 -4 years of accounting experience in the Hospitality industry.
- An acute inner sense of evaluating customers based on their track record.
- Proficient in computer usage and knowledge of QuickBooks
- Team player, who works well across functions and levels
- Experience in debt collection business is an added advantage
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant – Restaurant) to [email protected] on or before Friday 28th May 2021.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.