Senior Accountant Job, Latest Accounting Jobs,
We are a Deposit Taking SACCO located in Nairobi and offering FOSA services to our members. As part of our growth strategy, we are looking to hire a qualified staff to fill the position of a Senior Accountant. The jobholder is responsible ensuring the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions. The position holder will also take ownership of reporting costs, productivity, margins and expenditures in the Sacco.
- Review of subsidiary ledgers and reconciliations to general ledgers.
- Review bank reconciliations and ensure all reconciling items are fully explained.
- Checking and verification of all payments.
- Updating and maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register.
- Preparation of accurate and timely weekly, monthly and annual management reports.
- Making projections on cash inflows and cash out flows to ensure healthy working capital for day to day running of the business.
- Assist in preparation of regular financial statements and accounts, such as profit and loss accounts.
- Forecasting and planning future spending and profits including making of recommendations on ways to reduce costs and increase profits.
- Assist in co-ordination of the internal and external audit processes at the SACCO, ensuring document availability, information provision and all the necessary support required.
- Ensuring implementation of audit recommendations within the agreed timelines.
- Ensuring all the statutory deductions has been remitted within the set deadlines.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management.
- CPA (K) qualification
- ICPAK membership in good standing.
- At least 3 years’ experience in highly demanding accounting environment.
- Experience in the banking/Sacco industry is a definite advantage.
- Relevant practical experience in all types of accounts reconciliations within a computerized environment.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely final accounts.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Working knowledge and experience of accounts software packages.
- Good ICT skills.
- Advanced analytical and reporting skills.
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements to send their detailed CV including
15th December 2020
Due to the numerous applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: THE JOB TITLE “SENIOR ACCOUNTANT” SHOULD BE QUOTED AS THE EMAIL SUBJECT .