Assistant Accountant General Jobs, Accounting Jobs, CPA Jobs, County Government Jobs, Busia County Jobs
JOB GROUP ‘P’
Monitoring implementation of Accounting standards and systems for compliance; including Integrated Financial Management Information System (IFMIS) operations;
- Follow up on Audit matters including compilation of County Treasury memorandum in respect of County allocated to the officer;
- Follow up implementation of Public Accounts Committee recommendations for the ministries/districts allocated to officer;
- Preparation of Bi-annual Accounts;
- Consolidation of cash flow projections submitted by Departments; and maintaining a check-list of returns and reports received from Departments to ensure compliance with law and Treasury circulars.
- Assisting in administration of the Accounting Unit;
- Assisting the head of the Accounting unit to provide advisory services to the Accounting Officer and other stake holders on all financial and accounting matters in the Department;
- Preparation of management and statutory reports including final accounts;
- Assisting in the development of supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Setting targets for the accounts staff and evaluating achievements;
- Overseeing the processing of funding arrangements to County in the Department and ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures;
- Authorization of payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits;
- Supervision, training, development and deployment of accounts staff in the accounting unit;
- Handling disciplinary matters for the head of accounting unit;
- Providing advisory services to the County departmental heads and other stakeholders on all financial and accounting matters;
- Participating and advising in Tender Committees, County Executive Committees, County Development Committees etc.;
- Interpretation and implementation of financial regulations and procedures, Treasury circulars, letters and instructions;
- Ensuring expenditures are within the allocations; and developing supplementary financial regulations and procedures to enhance internal controls established through normal Treasury regulations and procedures.
- Provision of quality and timely accounting services in the County including maintenance of appropriate and up to date accounting records;
- Preparation of management financial reports which include monthly expenditure returns, monthly bank reconciliations, revenue/AIA returns, cash flow statements, analysis of deposits etc.;
- Any other relevant duties assigned by the head of accounting unit.
For appointment to this grade, the officer must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), mean grade C (Plain) and above or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Degree in Commerce, Accounts, Business Administration, of any other field finance
- Master’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB).
- Served in the grade of Principal Accountant, Job Group ‘N’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Must have attended a senior management course from Kenya School of Government
- Satisfy the requirement of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 leadership and Integrity.
- All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax Compliance Certificate.
- Clearance from HELB where necessary.
- Clearance from the Ethics and anti-Corruption Commission.
- Certificate of good conduct from the police.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications attaching copies of their certificates and testimonials, and send to the undersigned on or before 14th June, 2019 at 5.00 p.m.:
BUSIA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O PRIVATE BAG -50400