- Company: Mars
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Everyone has the power to make a difference. And when we’re all working towards the same shared vision, nothing is out of reach. That’s what we believe, and why our 125,000+ Associates around the world are empowered to take action every day towards the world we want tomorrow. Because we know, the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today. #TomorrowStartsToday. That’s our inspiration for pushing boundaries and challenging ourselves to transform the way we do business every day. For generations, we’ve been making many of the world’s most loved and most iconic brands, products and services. We want that to continue for generations to come, and so we know that as a global business we have the opportunity – the responsibility – to help create a tomorrow in which the planet, its people and pets can thrive.
The Engineer Factory Innovation is a key role within the Delivery System 1 organization. The Engineer has the remit to deliver the technical implementation of Delivery System 1 regional innovation, value leadership and supply security projects in factories, internally and externally, using their leadership competences and functional expertise in process control statistics and six sigma tools and methodologies. The Engineer reports directly to the R&D Director of IMEA in a remote reporting relationship, and requires moderate guidance to plan and execute work. The Engineer is the interface between the factory and the regional R&D teams.
It is the responsibility of the jobholder, working with the global R&D teams, Engineering, Operations, and Commercial to implement finished innovation specifications in the factories both internally and externally. They will also have responsibility for assisting in the development of the detailed specification for running conditions of any new process for the current or new factories. They have good knowledge in Factory Innovation on existing assets, commissioning of new products and capacity extension projects regionally.
This position requires good technical knowhow to execute a program of projects, looking at new perspectives to solve existing and new factory process solutions within a specified area of DS1 innovation. It will be part of a team that will provide deep technical understanding of the relevant factory processes and will work with the factory to develop process insights to drive innovation. The incumbent will be responsible for the execution of the allocated projects within the DS1 area.
This role is also responsible for working with the other R&D teams and DS1 functions to drive innovation and for facilitating key learnings from previous implementations regionally. They possess a good drive for results, good project management skills, a creative and entrepreneurial growth mindset, and an ability to create strong networks and relationships to drive the innovation agenda. They work independently and with guidance to deliver the allocated programs.
- Accountable for implementation of product and process projects on site, through the application of PLM (Design for Vertical Start-up)
- Responsible for handover to the factories as well as specifications enabling all current and new innovations to be produced at optimal flexibility, cost, efficiency and sustainability.
- Ensures that the commissioning and startup delivers products to meet the brands KQA’s.
- In partnership with CBUs, develop robust process technology specification according to best practice (Six Sigma, PDCA, Visualization, Lean tools ) and post AB, take the lead in implementation and maintenance on site.
- Partner with Supply, Commercial, NPD/Raws in the implementation of DS1 innovation, value leadership and supply security projects
- Maintain regular contact with experts for up to date information, standards and advice.
- Represent Factory Innovation in R&D and Supply/Commercial Meetings Supports all the Factory Innovation projects, scale up and commercialization of innovation, value leadership and supply security projects on our production lines ensuring consistency in quality of our products
- Recipe management at site level for DS1 – (RADAR FE, Translate recipe to PLC and SAP-BOM creation)
- Helps to support the delivery of new supplier, new material translation at site for DS1 programs
- They fully contribute to the key business management processes and forums, including S&OP (IBP), QuEST, DQP’s and Technical Design Reviews, QMP’s, etc.
- Ensures that the Factory Innovation process is carried out such that timelines are met to market products.
- Supports the implementation of Global Process Standards and Innovations for all DS1 projects
- Role supports DS1 Factory Innovation and Engineering in implementing, innovating and optimizing current and future assets
- Remains abreast of new developments in food technologies, packaging, design, category trends and related fields.
- A site technical contact for DS1 Factory Innovation
- Coordinates trials for new products, Commissioning, Validation and Start-up planning and execution.
- They will work with the IP team to identify and protect any new innovation.
Regional travel may be required to other factories as well as key markets.
- Minimum BSc or Masters degree or equivalent in Science/Engineering/Food Science/Technology/Packaging or related subject area.
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant field minimum – R&D, Value Stream/ Operations.
- Green belt Six Sigma minimum