- Company: NCBA
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
The new NCBA has harnessed the power of both NIC and CBA to create a bank that brings together the best of both worlds from cutting edge mobile banking to good old-fashioned relationship management; from scalable business banking to financial services that grow as your business does; from best-in-class choice of products to investment solutions tailored to your specific needs.
To deputies the branch manager in overall branch leadership, ensuring that proper processes, procedures and controls are adhered to at all times. Support and ensure provision of Excellent Customer Experience. Responsible for the day to day branch operations ensuring timely opening and closing of the branch, service to the customers for all services, keeping high level bank standards.
- A University degree(Holders of a Business related degree will have added advantage)
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Professional Banking Qualification (AKIB) or Accounting qualifications will have added advantage.
Desired work experience:
- Minimum 6 years’ proven working experience in a Banking environment, with sound exposure to Branch Operations & Processes, 3 of which should be at a management level; 2 within a branch operations role and at least two 2 within customer service role.
- Good understanding of the bank’s systems(T24,Omniflow & NOBS)
- Proven track record of consistently meeting customer expectations and exceeding set targets.
- Excellent Bank product knowledge
- Ensure proper controls, processes & procedures are adhered to at all times as per the laid down NCBA bank policies.
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP) implementation and disaster recovery co-ordination
- Ensure branch is opened & closed as per the approved timelines. Operations staff to be ready to serve customers.
- Branch must maintain cleanliness and tidiness as per the NCBA Bank standards.
- Ensure that the NCBA bank’s Policies are adhered to at all times when handling different products. Ensure adherence to all KYC & AML processes with regards to new business and acceptable TAT is observed at all times.
- Ensure all relevant units are coordinated at all times to maintain efficient banking services to customers.
- Ensure compliance with Operational, Security, Controls & processes risks requirements to avoid losses & prevent fraud arising from operational lapses, and to protect bank and customers assets.
- Ensure that relevant approvals for all transactions are sought at all times as guided by policies.
- Ensure that the branch achieves a minimum of ‘Satisfactory/Acceptable’ audit rating through continuous assessment and prompt closure of all audit exceptions sighted
In conjunction with the BM, you are responsible for strict cost management in the branch i.e. reviewing all service provider quotations before the work can proceed. In addition BOM should conduct regular reviews of the following cost elements:
- Overtime approvals.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Stationary consumption/telephones etc.