- Company: FSD Africa
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Advertising/Media Jobs in KenyaCommunication Jobs in Kenya
Created in 2012, FSD Africa is a Â£30 million financial sector development programme or ‘FSD’ based in Nairobi. It is funded by the UK Government’s Department for International Development (DFID). FSD Africa aims to reduce poverty across sub-Saharan Africa by building financial markets that are efficient, robust and inclusive.
Role and Responsibilities
- Support in development and implementation of social media strategy ensuring it is current and in tune with new innovations.
- Drafting social media plans and messaging, developing content calendars, and conducting digital campaigns.
- Consulting with external and internal partners for integrated online and offline campaigns.
- Creating engaging online material (e.g., infographics, HTML5, creative imagery, and video content).
- Providing data analysis and evaluation of the FSD Africa’s digital media activities.
- Reviewing innovative technologies and exploring new developments in the digital landscape to ensure the FSD Africa’s communications exploit emerging trends and remain relevant to their audience.
- Weekly briefing of Exco, on social media trends.
- Training of staff on social media best practice.
- Support in the overall management of the FSD Africa website including monitoring of the delivery of service providers’ contracts, reviewing of web content, promotion of website content to increase traffic, and consulting with internal teams to manage their own pages within the global website.
- To cover maintenance work for the FSD Africa’s external website (fsdafrica.org) together with the Web Editor
- Checking and uploading content to the website with accuracy and efficiency.
- Consulting with relevant pillars and units on specific web projects
- Consulting with the different FSD Africa pillar teams for any relevant subjects
Graphics Design and Brand Management
- Manage the inhouse graphic design unit by: Advising and ensuring it is well resourced with relevant software for effective operations and budgeted for in the communication annual budget.
- Completes design projects by coordinating with external graphic design agencies, art services and printers who support in production and delivery of large publications.
- Responsible for the design and preparation of corporate information packs for corporate office and pillar Ensures that content, messaging and branding is current and relevant.
- Prepares and incorporates graphics as needed using Photoshop or other graphic design software.
- Oversee and ensure appropriate representation of FSD Africa’s brand per FSD Africa graphics manual standard guidelines and manage grantee branding requirements.
- Reviews and signs off on all branded materials.
- Oversee and ensure appropriate application of FCDO logo per the FCDO branding manual through sign off on all branded project materials.
- Organize and oversee periodical training of FSD Africa staff, partners and grantees on the FSD Africa graphics
- Supported by the wider team, lead on the organisation of FSD Africa events.
- Produce detailed proposals for FSD Africa events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets).
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event planning (for example, venue, catering, travel).
- Managing FSD Africa branding and communication
Covering wider communications work
- To work in the wider Communications team and support other team members when needed during extremely busy period.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of social media and a communications or media environment
- Experience managing large scale events
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Undergraduate Degree Qualification in PR/Communication/IT
- Video and/or photo editing skills.
- Graphic Designing#
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Background in IT