Deputy Director Of Studies (Academic Affairs) Jobs, Director Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Utalii College Jobs
SCALE: GRADE KUC 3
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF STUDIES
TERMS OF SERVICE: CONTRACT
- Advising on curricula for all programmes to ensure maintenance of high academic and professional standards
- Preparing and implement the annual academic calendar to guide the smooth operations of the directorate of studies.
- Providing support for scholarly activities such as seminars, conferences, workshops, etc. for continuous professional development
- Assisting in constituting various committees to carry out specific tasks pertaining to the directorate.
- Recommending requests for hiring, transfer/deployment and training of staff in the Academic Directorate for enhanced performance of the Directorate.
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluation of the directorate staff for maintenance of high standards of training.
- Assisting in soliciting for external examiners from renowned institutions for purposes of quality assurance.
- Overseeing student evaluation and certification
- Overseeing the preparation of work schedules and class time tables
- Master’s degree in Hospitality / Tourism Management
- Bachelor’s degree Hospitality / Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Working experience of not less than seven (7) years, three (3) of which must have been at a senior management position
- A member of professional body where applicable
- Attended Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Demonstrated results in work performance
How To Apply
Applicants must comply with the following and provide clearance certificates from:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations ( Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) – Tax Compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their application letter, copies of professional certificates, testimonials and clearance certificates should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope clearly marked as per the position applied for: KUC/(position)/2019 not later than 24th May, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. to:
Principal & Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Utalii College
P.O. Box 31052-00600
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.