- Company: World Bank Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
The World Bank Group is one of the worlds largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. Its five institutions share a commitment to reducing poverty, increasing shared prosperity, and promoting sustainable development.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Liaising with relevant Ministries, Government Departments and IFC staff members on matters relating to the issuance of Residence /Work Permits and Entry Visa’s to Kenya.
- Process and follow up with the relevant Ministries on visa requests for staff coming from countries with no Kenya diplomatic representation.
- Build diplomatic and protocol networks for the IFC with various Government Ministries and Departments.
- Managing VIP visits including airport clearance while providing logistical support in collaboration with the administrative and security teams.
- Brief new staff members on visa and immigration requirements.
- Liaising with HR on matters relating to staff contracts and entitlements.
- Timely processing of exemption documents including Vehicle registration, Importation, Deregistration and the processing of the ProA, Pro1A, Pro1B, Pro1C, Pro D forms.
- Timely processing of shipping documentation for duty free importation of Goods.
- Timely processing of documentation for Value Added Tax Exemptions.
- Liaising with designated clearing agents to ensure the timely clearance of Bank vehicles, equipment machinery and other assets for the Country office.
- Processing Diplomatic Identification Cards.
- Processing Drivers Licenses including renewals.
- Processing Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) from the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Processing Diplomatic License Plates or Civilian License Plates.
- Processing the staff Notification of Departure.
- Maintenance of effective management systems for information storage and tracking of documentation submitted to various Government Ministries and Department.
- Minimum of High school diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred with at least 2 years or more of experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant work experience in a large multinational organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency in office productivity tools (including MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook).
- High degree of judgment and tact in handling, processing and communicating matters of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- High degree of motivation, initiative, flexibility and reliability.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of contacts internally and externally and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact and diplomacy.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-orientated, multi-cultural environment, and function as an effective team member in various groups.
- Ability to prepare reports and tracking reports of communications submitted to various government ministries and department.
- Strong written and communication skills in English.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.