Transport Officer Job, Current Engineering Jobs In Kenya,
TRANSPORT OFFICER (1 POSITION) EPRA JOB GRADE 6 (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnosing mechanical problems in EPRA fleet of vehicles in all regional offices and advising on repairs required;
- Maintaining all motor vehicles in serviceable condition and carrying out minor repairs and service whenever necessary in all regional offices;
- Maintenance of all vehicle records, correct entries and update on vehicle logbooks; other office documentation and status of licenses and insurance policies;
- Renewal of motor vehicle Insurance covers and other road licenses;
- Maintenance and enforcement of service schedules for all the vehicles in the Authority;
- Participate in development and implementation of the annual Transport operations, maintenance plan and Drivers leave plans;
- Reconciliation of EPRA motor vehicle work tickets and the tracking system; supervise vehicle online tracking, monitor vehicle movement and trace violations with possible corrective action;
- Fuel and mileage monitoring to identify areas of high and low fuel efficiency for targeted action;
- Reporting of vehicle accidents and mishandling by all authorized Drivers;
- Maximization and efficient use of the outsourced transport for logistical operations;
- Vehicle cleaning vouchers issued are recorded in the Motor vehicles cleaning vouchers register for all vehicles cleaned;
- Supervision of all EPRA Drivers; workforce development, coaching and discipline management;
- Mid-year and annual appraisal of Drivers;
- Vehicle inspection and handover by drivers before they proceed on leave or any trip; and
- Submission of quarterly and Annual reports on the management of EPRA transport system
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Three (3) years’ relevant work experience;
- Proficiency in computer application; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
How to Apply
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email [email protected] not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31 st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned :
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.