Finance Jobs In Kenya.
The International Institute for Legislative Affairs (IILA) is a not- for- profit organization that works closely with Policy making institutions, Government Departments, Members of Parliament and other stakeholders in the legislative process to draft and advocate for pro- people policies and legislation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advise CEO and officers on all budget and finance matters;
- Liaise with programme officers in preparation of annual, periodic and project workplans and budgets;
- Ensure timely and accurate financial reporting as per the terms of ILA’s contractual agreements with donors;
- Set up and administer accounting and administrative systems, processes and procedures as required by the organization, donors and as per statutory requirements.
- Establish systems and procedures for the efficient management of the organization and its records.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate and complete accounting records
- Ensure continuous management of cash flows
- Institute and enforce controls over ILA’s assets and financial resources,
- Ensure preparation of timely and accurate financial reports as per management, donor and statutory requirements
- Coordination of internal and external audit processes
- Provide financial guidance in fundraising; including but not limited to constant donor liaison, timely extraction of fundraising budgets, attending meetings with donors, participate in funding negotiations and reporting meetings.
- Ensure maintenance of a comprehensive fixed asset register and that all assets are accounted for and safeguarded from losses arising from fraud, waste, extravagance, inefficient administration, poor value for money purchases, etc.
- Set up of reliable financial and procurement policies and guidelines and ensuring efficient and effective implementation of the same
- Providing support to programs; financial or otherwise from time to time Such other related responsibilities that may come up and/ or may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor of Commerce degree, with a major in Accounts/Finance
- CPA (K)
- At least 5 years’ experience with at least three years working within an NGO/CSO setup
- Training in project management
- Active member of ICPAK
How To Apply
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .