DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Grassroots Development Initiatives Foundation-Kenya (GRADIF-K)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Adhering to GRADIF-Kenya financial management policies and procedures, provide technical assistance and supervision in financial planning, budgeting and controls of
- Governance Project, other Foundation’s projects and ensure expenditures compliance with the approved budget plans.
- Support GRADIF-Kenya Programme/projects staff and the Finance and Administration Manager in development of Projects budgets and work plans.
- He/she will be responsible for timely preparation of various payments including petty cash liquidation, preparations for banking and collection of projects cash and checks to/from the bank and other related duties as advised.
- Ensuring the maintenance of accurate bank balances for the URAIA TRUST funded Project accounts as well as ensuring adequate funds balances before subsequent requisitions are made to the funder.
- Reviewing and approving cash payments and verifying staff field/travel periderms, Civic Educators payments and related claims for completeness and records accuracy.
- He/she shall ensure routine preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and monthly bank reconciliations and share with project management and the funders.
- He/she shall also undertake capacity development and mentoring all staff in his/her department and other project interns/TOTs in various financial and projects matters.
- Ensuring the maintenance of accurate and up to date filing system for accounting records and related vouchers for the project; Ensure compliance with internal control mechanisms and make relevant recommendations on areas for improvement to the Finance Manager and the CEO.
- Timely prepare financial documents and records for annual Financial and projects audits, share with the Finance Manager and participate in audit exercises.
- He /she shall participate in the resource Mobilization initiatives for the sustainability of the project
- Monitor the extent to which projects are implementation in comparison to plans through field visits to establish value for money.
- Participate in capacity development events: forums, conferences and related events
- Participate in other Organizational team tasks as need arises and/or as directed by your supervisors.
- Applicants should possess not less than 3 years of progressive work experience handling financial management/accountancy matters in donor funded projects/programs.
- Have prior experience in Volunteering / working with International and Local NGOs, Community Foundations, FBOs, other Development Agencies or the Government of Kenya (GOK) serving in rural environments in any part of Kenya.
- Show demonstrated evidence of own self initiativity in various other development projects/ initiatives besides his/her ability in financial management.
- Be well versed with Governance hindering development initiatives in Tharaka Nithi County and other neighbouring counties in the Eastern and other regions in Kenya.
- Holder of at least undergraduate degree from a recognized university in Social Sciences; Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting/Finance Option, Bachelor of Arts; Sociology,
- Statistics coupled with at least CPA 3 qualification. Master’s Degree holders coupled with relevant courses, and experiences will have an added advantage.
- Some understanding of targeted Counties’: Social Cultural, Political, Economic and Social Contexts and developmental dynamisms is required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a Cover Letter, One Pager Capability Statement and Curriculum Vitae (CV) to:
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Grassroots Development Initiatives Foundation-Kenya (GRADIF-K), P.O. Box 16699 00100. Nairobi. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach us not later than Friday, the 27th day of September, 2019. Applications shall be reviewed as they are received as an on-going process. The successful candidate shall be required to report immediately