Head Chef Job, Latest Hotel Jobs,
Title: Head Chef – Thika,
Gross Salary: 40K – 50K,
Our client is a leading specialty coffee and African cuisine restaurant based in Thika town. They seek to hire a well-experienced Head Chef responsible for ensuring that the standard and quality of the food production and hygiene is maintained at the highest level at all times. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach, attention to detail and a positive work attitude.
- Oversee all the food production, assist in daily food requirement orders, and maintenance of the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies
- Ensure end of the month inventory is accurate
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
- Develop menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Ensure food portions are maintained and food presentation is correct
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality, stock closing and organize the issuing and receiving of kitchen supplies
- Schedule and establish a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Degree in Food & Beverage Production or a related field of study
- At least 2 years’ experience as a head chef
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership
- Good knowledge of hygiene and sanitization regulations
- Need to be able to manage staff, multitask when the kitchen gets busy, problem solving skills, and be keen to small details
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Charismatic and mature individual
- Well groomed and presentable individual with outstanding communication skills
- Male candidates are encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Head Chef – Thika) to [email protected] on/before Wednesday 16 th December 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE