Senior Manager, Corporate Credit Analyst Job, Current Accounting Jobs In Kenya,
HFC Limited, an integrated property and financial solutions provider has an exciting opportunity in our Credit Division. We are seeking for talented, dynamic, self-driven and results-oriented individual who is committed to performance excellence and participating in our growth strategy.
Senior Manager, Corporate Credit Analyst
Reporting To: Head of SME and Commercial Banking
Overall Job Purpose
The Senior Manager, Corporate Credit Analyst will support the SME and Commercial Banking Business segment in promptly structuring credit deals by evaluating the creditworthiness of a borrower and ensure the proposed credit risk is profitable, beneficial to the client and is within the relevant policies and regulations.He/She will have overall responsibility for the quality of all credit requests prepared by the team, they will also be expected to prepare sound, prudent and judicious credit request proposals in line with the Bank’s credit policy and approved product offering. The role holder will also provide advice and techniques to mitigate risks for credits that are considered bankable.
- Provide the interface between business and credit.
- Give quality feedback to the business teams on the quality of applications and the areas of improvement.
- Support the business teams in serving their customers in a timely manner customer by giving prompt feedback
- Give business reports on loans processed and declined to help in decision-making.
- Supporting branches and business team in packaging credit proposals to ensure clarity for faster approval and adoption.
- To organize Credit Approval Committee meetings for decision making on credit proposals presented by coordinating the meetings
- To ensure approved loans are progressed whilst the risks are still well mitigated for approved loans requiring minor amendments to underwriting standards by recommending for further review.
- To ensure appraisal of quality profitable loans and identified risks properly mitigated by recommending for further review to Credit Risk Proposals
- To Guide, Motivate and provide leadership to the team members to enable them achieve individual results and ultimately organizational objectives
- Ensure compliance with all credit policy guidelines
- Follow through with transactions to the end
- Training teams one on one to reduce on back and forth
- Develop various templates to guide the credit process
- Handle audit queries emanating from the credit process
- Monitor turnaround time on requests
- Supporting the RMs to achieve set income targets (Interest income and Non-interest income)
- Ensure the correct charges are applied
- Ensure all excesses are fully provided
- Manage office costs within reasonable levels
- Cross sell bank products
- Push on products that deliver quick income
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- University Degree preferably in a Business related field such as Economics, Finance & Accounting from a recognized institution by Commission for University Education. Masters’ degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in banking and financial analysis 2 of which must be in credit department or credit-related area.
- Credit Management, Accounting or Banking Qualification (AKIB)
- CPA / ACCA qualification.
- Certification in financial modelling
- Certified Credit Executive (CCE) or equivalent
- Good track record of credit analysis and understanding of financial policies, procedures, and external regulations. Has demonstrated over the span of the career credit and financial analysis skills required to effectively perform credit analysis and portfolio maintenance activities/tasks in a manner that consistently achieves high quality standards or benchmarks.
- Demonstrated expertise and in-depth knowledge of the local banking industry, banking services, credit process and banking products.
- Evidenced knowledge and understanding of the current banking and financial services operating environment, trends, and practice, related regulatory and governance guidelines and requirement, and applicable laws
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of general commercial regulations and practices
Key Competencies and Skills
- Corporate Competence: Working knowledge of the Bank’s products, the Bank’s Credit policy and CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Financial analysis Skills
- Analytical business and investment appraisal Skills
- Technology Skills
- Industry knowledge
How to Apply
13 August 2022