Job Title: In-Process Quality Controller (IPQC)
- Monitoring the quality of production materials, Product Processing & environment, and final product quality before release.
- Check the quality of all incoming production materials (raw & packaging) and accept or reject them if they match or do not match the set standards.
- Monitor the sanitation of processing environment, equipment’s, vessels, and staff and make action where necessary.
- Monitor the actual processing of products to ensure that correct ingredients, Procedures, and product parameters are followed- i.e. (Monitor all the key stages of processing and give approval for the product formulation/blending procedure. Ensure Release of Products to Warehouse is done as per FIFO and all product release related documents & checklists are recorded.
- Prepare daily report summary (Occurrence book) covering the processing activities and any process occurrences/deviations which might affect product quality whether process, machine, raw & packaging, personnel, utilities or food safety hazard related issues.
- Monitor process efficiency (for all the process stages) in terms of product spillages, machine damages, reworks and online rejections.
- On Food safety, ensure CCPs monitoring is being done and where there are process deviations, ensure the necessary corrective actions are taken.
- To be fully in charge of all internal trainings related to GMP & Food safety.
- To carry out customer complaint investigations through RCA teams and market returns analysis and thereafter implement the necessary corrective actions for continuous process improvement.
- To ensure that all production gauges are in good working condition and calibration is duly done as per the schedule.
- To take new joiners (employees & attachment trainees/students) through the induction programme, factory code of conduct and the Food safety policy.
- To fully implement SQC, 5S and Six-Sigma.
- Collect Control/Retain samples from every batch and keep records.
- Ensure line clearance, product tagging and identification is done to avoid product-mix-up.
- Ensure full involvement during batch code settings and thereafter approval.
- Ensure production or lot start-ups in-process checks are done and approval given and signed off by all stakeholders.
- Carry out daily on-job training to the line personnel – both new staff and existing.
- During end packing ensure induction, labelling, tray packing, shrink wrapping is done properly.
- Ensure at the end of production the BPR-Batch production Record is submitted to Senior IPQC for verification and validation purposes.
- Carry out product terminal inspection accordingly and report any parameter deviations immediately.
- Collect and ensure stability samples are incubated, analysed and records updated.
- Collect Cut-out samples and issue them to Lab analyst after which ensure results are well recorded from which if OOS-out of specification then escalate the issue immediately.
- Facilitate good housekeeping through floor arrangement.
- Audit the machine maintenance preventive schedule and ensure your machines are always in schedule and if not report to QA senior IPQC
- Share online damages report.
- Ensure material/product segregation is properly done to separate raw from finished goods and conforming from non-conforming products.
- Ensure insectocutor equipment in your line are working.
- Use ONLY Plastic pallets in wet areas. This is Mandatory. Whilst in powder use plastic pallets 100%
- Confirm and follow-through to ensure raw & packaging material balances are transferred back to Supply chain weekly as per the policy and while on the floor ensure the material is well covered to prevent cross contamination from dust or moisture
- Ensure all staff working on the lines have the appropriate PPEs.
- Cover rework containers and put product sticker showing product name, Quantity and DOE.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor/Diploma in Food Science Technology or analytical sciences/Microbiology
- At least 2-3 years of Experience in Food Industry
- Knowledge and experience on ISO 22000:2018 (Food Management Systems) & its Implementation.
- Outstanding Critical-Leadership and Problem-solving abilities.
- Strong personality
- Strong interpersonal relations
- Able to work within tight deadlines.
How to Apply
If qualified, please send your CV to [email protected] with the title “In-Process Quality Controller-Food Division” by or before 27th February 2021.