Internal Audit Job, Audit Jobs 2021,
KDIC Grade: KDIC 6
You will undertaking Risk Based Audits, making recommendations and follow up to determine extent of implementation of the recommendations in order to provide independent assurance that the organization’s risk management, governance and internal controls processes are operating effectively
- Participating in the development and implementation of internal audit strategies, budget, policies, and procedures in compliance with Internal Auditing Standards to achieve KDIC’s strategic objectives;
- Preparation of risk based annual audit plans aligned to KDIC’s objectives for the continuous audit of the corporation’s risk management, internal controls, governance processes;
- Implementation of audit plans as approved by the Board Audit Committee;
- Undertaking risk-based audits as per approved audit plan;
- Preparing draft audit programs on the areas being audited;
- Carrying out audit tests and procedures as per audit programs;
- Carrying out compliance audits for management procedures and ensures departmental compliance to the established control frameworks and statutory obligations;
- Performing operational reviews and appraise the effectiveness and efficiency in which the Corporation’s resources are employed;
- Carrying out adhoc audits, special audit assignments and investigations as necessary;
- Participate in opening meetings with the auditee at the beginning of fieldwork to explain on the purpose, nature and scope of the audit;
- Participate in closing meetings with auditee at the end of fieldwork, providing clear explanations for identified issues;
- Preparing timely and accurate draft reports for review by the supervisor;
- Undertaking follow-up audits to determine whether agreed recommendations on the past reviews are being undertaken by the process owner;
- Verifying the existence and safety of Assets;
- Implementation of the departmental budget;
- Updating of ISO Standards and other Quality Standards (ISMS) implemented by the department
- Responsible for TeamMate user support and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Finance or any other related field
- Minimum of ACCA Level II or CPA II
- Min. 4 years relevant working experience preferably in Risk-Based Auditing & investigations.
- Effective organizational skills
- Proficiency in computer applications
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite application (e.g. MS excel, MS word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio);
- Proficiency in use of CAATS e.g. Teammate;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills;
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team and client relationship management skills.
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- Judgemental skills
- High integrity and dependability;
- Creativity and innovation
- Attention to details;
- Results oriented;
- Ability to work with deadlines and without close supervision.
How to Apply
Interested candidates, who MUST be Kenyan citizens, should submit their applications including copies of their academic and professional certificates, a copy of the National Identity Card or valid Passport, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) detailing current position, qualifications, working experience, current and expected salary, a working email and a daytime telephone number. The CV should also include the email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees who can speak on your competence, character and integrity.
Other Key Requirements
Shortlisted candidates MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 during the interviews by providing original copies of the following documents:
- A Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI);
- A Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- A Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance certificates from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) i.e. Completed First Schedule (s.13) and a self-declaration form; and
- A Clearance Certificate from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) in Kenya.