Library Assistant Job, Current Jobs In Kenya,
The Library Assistant is responsible for the provision of information services to support the teaching, learning and research activities of staff and students within the University.
- Perform original and copy cataloguing of all formats of library materials i.e. entering bibliographic information of the information materials into the library database to facilitate their identification, access, and use.
- Is responsible for classification of reading materials & assigning information materials their various subjects or descriptors; assigning classification numbers.
- Assists in the maintenance of the library’s catalogue, including creation and editing of bibliographic records Maintains professional cataloguing standards, including monitoring and staying current with OCLC, MARC, RDA, LCSH, AACR2.
- Assists with answering basic cataloguing questions.
- Assists as needed with physically processing materials
- Perform other collection maintenance activities including Inventory, Weeding and minor repair of damaged documents
- Assist with collection development and circulation desk activities, as requested.
- Conducts library orientation.
- Conducts e-resources training and answers queries when necessary.
- Assist in providing information dissemination to all students and faculty.
- Must be familiar with the operations of a print journals library: accessioning, listing new titles and articles, display, shelving, and sorting out journals for binding.
- Shelving library items
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be a holder of a Degree in Library Information Studies,
- Must be conversant with LC Classification system and Koha Library System.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work activities within established guidelines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to have a professional and service oriented relationships with College staff, students, alumni, users from other Higher Education Institutions and registered members of the public.
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultures and different nationalities.
How To Apply
Applicants should enclose a letter of introduction, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certification certificate of good conduct and three (3) reference letters from recognized persons/institutions by 13th November 2020 , indicating your daytime contacts to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Tangaza University College
P.O. Box 15055-00509
E-mail to [email protected]
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin or disability.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE