Maintenance Technician Jobs, Technical Jobs, Kabete National Polytechnic Jobs
JOB GROUP F
This position is responsible for coordination of the day to day operations in the Polytechnic to ensure conducive and optimal utilization of the institutions facilities.
- Assure prompt and timely completion of assigned work orders by efficiently directing the appropriate personnel to various jobs
- Provide technical assistance to maintenance and custodial crews
- Use hand and power tools necessary to perform the duties assigned in a safe manner
- Assure cost effective operations through proper care and maintenance of
- Equipment, tools, materials and supplies
- Performs basic maintenance such as repairing walls floors, painting and exterior maintenance.
- Implement safety regulations and accident prevention programs within the work responsibility areas.
- Estimate materials and labour requirements to complete assigned tasks
- Responds to staff, customers, in a positive and respectful manner
- Work independently without supervision in the normal course of duties.
- Fulfill any other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills and abilities
- Basic knowledge of principles and practice of building maintenance and safety practices
- Ability to read, understand and complete written and verbal requests and work assignments.
- Ability to perform on call duties as assigned
- Ability to take initiative and work efficiently to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Skill in safe and proper use of tools and equipment necessary to perform various maintenance and repair tasks
- Trade test Grade 1 in masonry or equivalent.
- KCSE certificate with a minimum grade of D+
- Candidates with considerable experience in other trades will have an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position
How To Apply
All Applications should include a cover letter, CV, Copies Certificates and Testimonials to be addressed to:
The Chief Principal,
Kabete National Polytechnic,
P.O. BOX 29010-00625,
All applications should be received by 11th June 2019.
KNP is an equal opportunity employer, women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.