- Company: Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (MRM)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Overall Purpose of the Position:
- Responsible for effective Maintenance of plant equipment/machinery and improving the overall plant performance in line with the management approved guidelines.
Job Functions Maintenance
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and implement the overall mechanical works strategy for the mechanical maintenance
- Identify gaps in the mechanical processes and implement strategies to close gaps, improve equipment reliability, sustainability and reduce maintenance costs
- Prepare drawings of the mechanical equipment parts in AUTOCAD software.
- Ensure mechanical installations for the plant conform to approved standards to eliminate breakdowns
- Implement and manage projets to improve equipment and safety performance, sustainability to reduce cost
- Ensure that all mechanical equipment are installed and functional to support the production team
- Scheduling and assigning work to meet maintenance completion dates, undertake effective planning and prioritisation of workload whenever necessary
- Works closely with operations team in providing solutions to problems and advice on technical issues
- Analyse all machine failures (breakdown, unplanned corrective maintenance) and implement corrective measures to prevent re- occurrence of failures and safety incidents
- Establish and coordinate the maintenance and safety procedures, service schedule, and supply of materials required to maintain machines and equipment in the prescribed condition
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis (RCA) when required in line with the agreed format
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and to make recommendations to maintenance team
- Supervise, guide and review activities of staff under your supervision in the structure on technical duties
- Inspection of work performed by outside contractors to ensure it meets management expectations as per the scope of the work assigned
- Ensure observance of safety rules, regulations and practices
- Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering- Plant Option
- Good knowledge of AUTOCAD software for designing.
- Minimum 8 years experience in similar position in a busy manufacturing company
- Knowledge in RCA methodology
- Posses good knowledge in identifying and managing spare parts
- Good working knowledge of machines in process industry, hydraulics and pneumatics is desirable.
- Computer proficiency especially in PM module in SAP – ERP.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings as well as use of Auto CAD.
- Ability to work independently and exhibit right leadership