The East Africa and Yemen Regional Office is seeking the services of a competent fleet consultant to improve efficiency in the management of the fleet department.
To improve the operational efficiency of the EAY Region Fleet through a review and investment in management practice.
Specific Areas of Focus:
- Fuel management and use
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Fleet management, documentation and information reporting
- Vehicle Handling
- Baseline of current practice and setting of bandwidths
Fuel management, the consultant shall:
- Produce an inventory of vehicle models in NRC fleet, differentiated by NRC owned versus rented vehicles.
- Establish manufacturers’ consumption ranges for these models as reference figures for fleet managers.
Scope of work
- Proposed Duration : Three months from September 2021, with additional two weeks in January 2022
- Location: Nairobi, with visits to sample Country offices
- Countries : Nine countries due to different vehicle makes
- Vehicle makes used : Four makes (i.e. Toyota, Nissan, Isuzu and Mitsubishi) twenty models
- Reporting: Regional Head of Logistics
- Collection of primary data from Country offices
- Desk review of secondary data from Country offices
- Travel to selected countries: 2 – 3 for enhanced data collection and capacity building
- Interviews and majority training via zoom
- Develop training modules that focus on the selected areas to be delivered via zoom or face to face, for approval.
- Identify potential trainers and staff to be targeted for training programme.
- Revised fleet management manual and SOP
- Fleet inventory
- Recommended consumption bands
- Training modules / materials on areas of fleet management included in the ToR
- Training delivered to up to 20 ToTs
- Training delivered to up to 50 staff (4 workshops)
- Consultancy report
- For first phase (max 10 pages)
- After follow up phase (max 10 pages)
- 5 years experience in fleet management
- Experience on similar consultancy
- Experience in reviewing logistics handbook / manual
- Experience in development of training modules and training of staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
How to Apply
Request for ‘Intention To Bid’ and all applications to be sent electronically to: [email protected] with attachments in pdf and a subject line: Fleet Management Consultancy
The deadline for submission is 10:00 a.m on 25 th August 2021 . The tender shall be opened on the same day at 2:30 p.m
The best three shortlisted candidates shall present their proposal to a panel; this shall inform the final decision on the award of the contract.