Department: External Affairs
Reports to: Director, Strategy planning and Management, External Affairs
The Grants Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating execution of grants and supporting other grant fundraising functions as needed. This role will also be responsible for relationship management for some External Affairs projects.
- Lead overall administration of grants, including the regular use and maintenance of project management tools (i.e. Asana, grants tracker, etc.).
- Manage the grant fundraising process by setting clear KPIs, managing current and prospective donor relationships, and leading internal and external communications on grant project updates.
- Lead internal coordination on execution of grant projects through proactive engagement with staff across Penda.
- Ensure timely, high-level completion of grant projects according to the terms of each grant agreement.
- Independently produce strong narrative and financial reports on all grant projects by the deadlines indicated in grant contracts.
- Provide support to the grant-writing process, with the aim of fully owning this function within 12 months.
- Serve as the primary resource for guidance and answering questions on grants and grant projects for both donors and internal stakeholders.
- Support in the management of External Affairs (EA) relationships tied to current or prospective funding opportunities and fundraising goals.
- Be a great team member who contributes to the culture of the EA team and Penda.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Project Management or related discipline or the equivalent experience/training
- 2 or more years of experience in project management and / or Stakeholder Relationship Management.
- Must have demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish multiple priorities simultaneously while maintaining a high degree of organizational responsiveness
- Can push for results at all levels of the organization, independently produce strong written deliverables, and stick to ambitious timelines!
How To Apply:
P lease submit a CV, cover letter and a writing sample. The writing sample can be any example of professional writing – a memo, a project document, a planning document, etc. Maximum sample length should be 1 page.