Principal Planning Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
To ensure the continuous improvement of the technical planning processes and organization through optimizing of processes, procedures and manpower in order to achieve the mission of the technical department, “delivering a safe and well maintained fleet”.
- Develop training programs in the section to ensure availability of enough skilled staff.
- Develop & maintain work instructions & procedures for the section and ensure these are understood by the team.
- Accountable for the performance of the staff as related to the work to be done. Check the team work output and strive for continuous improvement in all areas, with respect to processes, instructions and people skills.
- Lead and develop Senior, Planning Engineers and other junior staff to ensure that they understand and follow company and legislative requirements, procedures and processes.
- Responsible for a good capacity plan based on the work to be done in the section.
- Responsible for communication alignment on the following topics: maintenance program development; check preparations; planning versus material/tool/equipment availability; planning versus component availability; alignment between planning & engineering development.
- To improve the feedback loop to production and other planning sections; by ensuring proper analyses on closed work packages.
- Responsible for coordination of the annual review of the maintenance programs and ensuring that all maintenance tasks are evaluated regularly and updated when necessary.
- Take initiative to continuously improve the process within the section.
- Develop a performance measurement method within the section
- Ensure cost effective operations by ensuring analyses of check findings in order to optimize the maintenance programs and improve future maintenance checks.
- Graduate engineer from a recognized university (mechanical, aeronautical electrical/electronics)
- At least four years of experience in technical planning or similar department.
- Experience in maintenance programs and/or production planning & control
- Proven experience in managing sections, aircraft projects and/or other projects.
- Planning courses
- Knowledge of a database software/MRO system
- Demonstrated computer skills.