- Company: Nation Media Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Advertising/Media Jobs in Kenya
The Nation Media Group (NMG) founded by His Highness the Aga Khan in 1959 has become the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa. It has been quoted on the Nairobi Stock Exchange since the early 1970s. As the leading multi-media house in the East African region, it has print as well as electronic media and the Internet which attracts a regular readership quite unparalleled in the region.
Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to the position of printer in the Production department:
The job holder will be responsible for operating the press and auxiliary equipment properly so as to timely produce a quality product and attain the print order in the most cost effective way.
- Operating the Reel stand, Plate room equipment, Printing press, Techno trans and ink pumps;
- Monitoring and controlling the quality of newspaper production and ensuring that the production is cost effective;
- Carrying out minor maintenance of printing Press;
- Cleaning Press units after every production (shut down) in readiness for the next production;
- Testing and analysing ink and paper in the laboratory;
- Generating production reports; and
- Carrying out monthly reports reconciliation.
Qualifications, Experience & skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Printing Technology from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in Printing Technology.
- Three (3) years of relevant experience for Diploma holders; Entry level position for Bachelor Degree holders.
- Technical skills;
- Ability to communicate;
- Report writing skills; and
- Numeric skills