Procurement Assistant Job, Latest Procurement Jobs,
Reporting to the Procurement Officer, the position holder will, among other duties be responsible for:
- Preparation of Requests for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch.
- Conducting price survey in the supply market and updating the University price list.
- Carrying out sourcing activities as may be required for various procurement requirements.
- Monitoring of User departments spend patterns and ensuring on time update of procurement plan.
- Collecting, analyzing and circulation of quotes, bids and proposals for evaluation.
- Assisting in coordination with the selected bidder to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notices and distribution of contract documents.
- Receiving the approved requisitions and processing the appropriate documentation for local and oversea purchases/services/contracts.
- Coordinating with User Departments and making sure the right specifications for materials/items needed are provided on a timely manner.
- Providing purchased materials to the responsible receiving office and doing all actions for completing the process.
- Ensuring collection of feedback from both internal and external customers and providing relevant recommendations for adoption.
- Coordinating with suppliers to ensure correct and timely delivery of goods and services as ordered.
- Proper documentation and maintenance of all supply documents including Requisitions, Quotations, LPOs, Invoices and Delivery notes awaiting payment.
- Ensuring proper record management of various procurement processes, decisions, and contractual agreements for accountability and audit purpose.
- Maintaining complete and updated purchasing/supplier records/data and pricing in the system.
- Monitoring and analyzing supplier performance and present detailed reports on recommendations.
- Participating in supplier re-evaluation and asset disposal exercises.
- Preparation of various information and statistical reports.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing and Supplies or a related area.
- CIPS/CPSB qualified or in pursuit of the same will be an added advantage.
- Professional membership will be an added advantage (KISM/CIPS).
- Possession of a valid driving license will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 1 (one) year previous experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of the Internet and MS Office Suite.
- High levels of integrity.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Detail oriented with a hands on approach to all tasks.
- Ability to take a proactive approach to overcome challenges and achieve results.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address – [email protected] quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/107 as the subject, indicating the current and expected salary not later than 2nd April 2021.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER