Procurement Manager Jobs, Procurement Jobs, Jobs in Nairobi.
Our Client is a leading supplier and manufacturer of plastics and packaging solutions. They are seeking to hire an experienced Procurement Manager who will be reporting to the Finance & Procurement Manager.
S/he will ensure that all procurement is undertaken as per laid down laws, rules, and regulations while enforcing transparency and accountability in the procurement process to ensure value for money. S/He will as well coordinate the execution of procurement activities including preparation of procurement plans, prequalification of vendors, evaluation of proposals, procurement record management and reporting.
Title: Procurement Manager – Plastics
Gross Salary: 150k
- In liaison with the Manager – Finance and Procurement, determine the company’s purchasing needs and departmental specifications.
- Ensure procurement best practice is followed using the detailed guidelines provided in the SOP Procurement Manual.
- Receive and review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for raw materials, company equipment, supplies and services in a transparent both locally and internationally.
- Preparation of Requests for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and co-ordination of their timely dispatch.
- Liaising closely with Shipping /Freight Forwarding agents for timely import and export delivery & receipt of imported and exported items.
- Conduct negotiations on contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure added value, lowest total cost while ensuring quality is not compromised.
- Filing, invoicing, record keeping, following up payments, order disbursement and distribution, responding to inquiries, quotations.
- Maintain appropriate records such as vendor quotes, purchasing requisitions, purchase orders and reports to ensure that the procurement process, decision, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Assist in any internal and external audits and the maintenance of a running list of previous audit recommendations and the status of their implementation.
- Analyzing invoices against receiving reports before authorization of payment to suppliers and making follow ups to ensure suppliers are paid on time.
- Monitoring purchases of capital or recurrent expenditure against budget and usage of goods and services within the organization to ensure minimal expenditure.
- Maintain regular contact with contracted suppliers to monitor adherence to delivery period according to the terms of procurement agreement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Economics, Finance, Operations, or a related area from a reputable institution.
- Professional Certification in Supply Chain Management
- Member of KISM , CIPS
- Must be currently in a managerial role for at least 2 years
- At least 5 years of procurement experience in a busy manufacturing or FMCG environment in a similar capacity.
- Must be familiar with sourcing or purchasing from both local and international suppliers
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk.
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of Kaizen and factory processes & technology.
- Working experience with SAP R3.
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Excellent Analytical and record management skills
- Ability to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV and copies of your certificate quoting the job title on the email subject ( Procurement Manager – Plastics ) to email@example.com before 10 th May 2019 .
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for the interviewing process. Only candidates short-listed for interview will b