- Company: Gulf African Bank
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Procurement Jobs in Kenya
Reports to: Manager Procurement & Administration
Department: Procurement Department
Location: Head Office, Nairobi
The Procurement officer will perform specific functions as mentioned in the key responsibilities and facilitate timely and efficient procurement of goods and services essential for the Bank’s operations. The Officer will ensure optimal administration services to support internal customers and business needs.
- Ensure compliance to procurement process as per policy and the bank’s guidelines
- Implement effective sourcing strategies to identify the most profitable suppliers and initiate business partnerships
- Control spend and build a culture of long term savings on procurement costs
- Ensure efficiency in the end-to-end procurement process
- Conduct supplier appraisal and selection process
- Effectively collaborate with demand owners/users for clarity and early influencing of specifications to meet the Bank’s objectives
- Negotiate with vendors to secure the highest value for money and most advantageous terms for the Bank and close sourcing agreements/ contracts with vendors
- Examine and re-evaluate existing contracts in line with performance
- Conduct supplier performance evaluation and liaise with Users to close identified gaps.
- Keeping procurement records (i.e purchase orders, quotations, contracts, tenders, and internal purchase requisitions etc)
- Maintain an accurate and updated database ‘PO Master Track’ of all the PRs and LPOs created.
- Facilitate timely preventive maintenance of bank equipments to ensure zero or minimum downtimes.
- Track and report periodic key performance metrics and reports to improve effectiveness
- Conduct market intelligence for supply market awareness and related trends in order to assess present, future category items availability and prices.
- Provide inventory management services; monitoring, controlling and replenishing stock levels in stationery stores, kitchen stock levels; proper issuing and distribution of the same to offices and branches, inventory stock takes.
- Maintaining and supervising administration services, such as Water, Courier, Cleaning, Rents, Taxi, Utilities, County licenses etc
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement / Supplies or a Business field from a recognized institution
- Must have a Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supplies (CIPS) or its equivalent
- Must be a valid member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM)
- Computer Literate (with strong Microsoft Excel skills )
- Minimum of Four (4) years experience in procurement/supply chain, four (2) of which should be at the level of a
- Procurement Officer or in a comparable and relevant position, preferably within the corporate sector.
- Proven experience in working with procurement ERP systems
Core Competencies for this Role:
- Competent, hardworking, determined and integrity driven person
- Excellent Interpersonal Relations with internal and external customers
- Aptitude in Decision Making and working with numbers
- Planning & Organizational Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Accuracy with attention to detail
- Leadership & teamwork