- Company: Kune Food
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Quality Assurance Jobs in Kenya
Kune is a foodtech start-up based in Nairobi. We produce ready-to-eat meals at an affordable price and distribute it to individuals, retails, and corporate.
We are looking for someone who shall be responsible for overseeing the daily operations in the production of food in the kitchen as per the set standards. They are charged with maintenance of the system to ensure compliance of all Food Safety Standards. They shall also be responsible for all document control and records. The ideal candidate should be able to provide technical leadership with an emphasis on continuous process improvement and product quality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all raw materials are received and stored in accordance to the set quality standard operating procedures – checking all parameters for each item.
- Conduct hygiene checks on staff and facility.
- Maintain and control all CCP records and documentation.
- Monitor the process in the Kitchen to ensure that everything is done in accordance with Kune’s QSHE policies and procedures.
- Monitor the plating and dispatch process for strict compliance with the set QA procedures.
- Ensure that all dispatch motorcycles and vehicles are always clean and maintain the required transit temperatures where applicable.
- Conduct tests and analysis for food items as and when is required.
- Assist in trouble shooting and conducting RCA’s in case of non conformity within the process.
- Conduct daily inspection of the facility to ensure compliance to GMP.
- Ensure proper management of pest control programs.
- Supervise the housekeeping champions.
- Degree / Higher Diploma in Food Science
- 2+ years experience in QA
- Knowledge of food safety and HACCP principles
- HACCP Certified
- Prior experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Detail oriented and able to follow through with tasks
- A positive can do attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Quick learner
- Forward thinker
- Organized, structured and detail oriented